Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Dial-Up Number for UTVip?

Options
  • 15-09-2003 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I put this up in a different section a couple of days ago but got no replies. Please, SOMEONE, reply!!!!

HELP!
    I've only been using UTVip for a few days and am generally happy with the flat-rate interness access, that is if I manage to get online. I've been on the phone to their technical support (very helpful and nice), but I've been told that it's down to my ISDN line that I get error message 629 or 753 about 50% of the time. They say that my ISDN doesn't default to their alternative number(s).
    And they are not allowed to give out those alternative numbers as it will cost UTV internet a lot more. I have, however, been told that someone posted at least one of the alternative numbers here on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't found it yet and I'm actually paying for being online at present as I couldn't get online with their dialer.
    Can anyone help me please?
    If you know the other number.....something 1890........please mail me: lunabu_ie@yahoo.com
    but please only if you're sure.
    I'd gladby buy someone a pint (or send the money for a pint) if I get the right reply a.s.a.p.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I too had this problem. I rang up tech support and they told me you HAVE to use the dialler software. If the first number is engaged it will ring an alt number.

I lost the link but if you call support they will give it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lunabu_ie

Thanks for your reply.
    Unfortunately, the dialer is not the problem. I'm using it all the time.
    What they told me is that my ISDN modem doesn't default to the alternative number automatically and that they're not allowed to give it out.
    Has nobody posted it here in this forum????????
    I'm offering that pint again:D

Advertisement