Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds fan?

• 15-09-2003 11:13pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Ouch. Can't be too pleasant to be a Leeds fan these days :/

Leicester 4-0 Leeds
    Leicester secured their first Premiership win of the season and moved above Leeds on goal difference in the process after a fine display at the Walkers Stadium.

A brace of excellent goals from Paul Dickov, a stunning volley from Lilian Nalis and a powerful header from James Scowcroft gave the Foxes the points.
    nasty. last season whenever i looked at the team leeds had i was baffled as to how they were doing so badly (except against Arsenal... grr :)). Now looking at their team:

Leeds: Robinson, Kelly, Camara, Roque Junior (Radebe 81), Domi (Olembe 54), Pennant, Morris, Seth Johnson, Sakho (Lennon 69), Viduka, Smith.

I have to wonder where they are going. Mid-table obscurity for the next decade? Hard to believe this team reached the CL semis so recently. Will they recover from the damage done to them in the last 2 seasons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I saw the Nalis goal and it was a bloody cracker. I predeicted at the start of the season that leeds would go down and i hold on to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

At the moment its not the techincal quality of players that counts if your a Leeds fan its the mentality of them. They've been holed below the water line and don't know how to react, I thought Peter Reid might be good man in a crisis..still its early days. They won't be troubling the fight for European football but they proberly wont go down either....Wolves will be leading that charge. *sniff* :(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Leicester played really well. Leeds were pish, i don't think Smith and Viduka had a proper scoring chance between them !
    Nalis's goal was stunning, it was like Shearer's volley vs Everton last season except further out. Cracker. Leeds are in serious trouble if they have to rely on clowns like Seth Johnson and Jody Morris in midfield. Reid is an idiot for throwing Roque Jnr into the centre of defence in an away game when he's been in the country for only a couple of days and he's just played twice for Brazil in a week ! Monkey by name, monkey by nature (Reid I mean).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great goal alright, most of the goals were very good, Leeds should stay up alright, but then again look at West Ham!

U a Wolves fan Mike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

they are still better than tottenham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Leed s will have to defend better than they did last night or they could end up in a relegation battlke. some of leicesters goals were very goofd but the leeds defence was at fault for others and ythe scorline did not flatter leicester it could easily have been higher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by yop
    U a Wolves fan Mike?

For my sins...!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

ha ha

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You might be right Johnny ;)

Defeat for Spurs again today against Southampton, I don't imagine Hoddle will be around for much longer at this rate.

Defeat for Leeds also at home to Leicester... ack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by kaids

Defeat for Leeds also at home to Leicester... ack.

Birmingham !!!!!!

Ha@Leeds i go there quite a bit with a few Leeds fans ,they gutted for the last 16 months :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

As far as leeds go, where did it all go wrong? Well, I can answer it in one word - EVERYWHERE! I could feel sorry for 'em only that I am not that big hearted, leeds boots got too big, and they couldn't handle it, look at them now :) I find it really funny actually whats going on with them, but they still have decent players at the club - but decent is 1st division, not premiership quality. I will want to see Viduka going soon, I dont think a player of his quality should waste away in a second rate club.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sorry yeah, Birmingham. Leicester last week. Not exactly table toppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

I'll be glad if Leeds get relegated. A Yorkshire free Premiership for the first time in decades would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Leeds need to be in the first devision, seriously. Financialy they cannot afford the premiership, and their players morales, I am sure are ground zero. Winning a few games in an easier (but tougher) devision. Leeds need to get some more players aswell, and the first devision would be a good place to test 'em out.

Advertisement