Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to create subdomains.. how do I do that ?

• 16-09-2003 7:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I want to create subdomains.. how do I do that ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It depends on the control panel that you are using. There are two things to consider:
    1. DNS
    2. Web Server

1.DNS: You create an entry for the sub-domain or somebody creates it for you.

2. Web Server: Add the sub-domain to the web server, either as a directory (sub-directory) of the existing domain, or as a separate site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Does a subdomain need to replicate around the world to other nameservers like the main domain ?

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    Does a subdomain need to replicate around the world to other nameservers like the main domain ?
    If the main domain is live and has propogated the sub-domain will appear almost immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Thanks for all the answers so far.

One more though :) , do you charge extra for subdomains ?

We'll allow four with the Boards Special . With our listed plans we are always ready to negotiate :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement