Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo (PC) - GOLD

Options
  • 16-09-2003 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

The PC optimised version of Halo has gone gold and is expected to be on the shelves for 30th September. Online multiplayer, new weapons & vehicles and higher resolutions, yum!

More here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Woohoo! Should get my review copy any day now then..

Anyone know is it possible to link a PC with the XBox to play head to head?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i severely doubt it. There won't be a coop mode either although a patch has been hinted at that should allow coop.

the release date is terrible. it's a bit silly having halo competing with HL2. However I'm sure anyone who hasn't played Halo to death on the xbox will pick up both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

And Half-Life 2 is out on the same date? Good one Microsoft :rolleyes:

Even if HL2 is pushed back to November (which it is rumoured to be), they left it *way* too long to come to the PC.

I've played some of Halo on the PC, and it looks/plays the same as on the XBox. It's a case of "Rise of the Robots" (remember that?) :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm sorry but Halo is half a great game and half an alright game. Rise of the Robots is digital excrement on a CD/Disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Oh don't get me wrong, I quite liked Halo, it was good fun on the XBox. I didn't mean to compare Halo's gameplay to ROTR, I meant in the same way ROTR took so long to come out and was rubbish when it finally was released, Halo has taken too long to come to the PC, and consequently is overshadowed (or is going to be) by the likes of Half-Life 2. Microsoft just left it way too long to bring to the PC.

Now, a Duke Nukem Forever/ROTR comparison is more apt... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Cant wait for it, people will have bought both of them by Xmas anyway.. So it makes no difference that HL2 is coming out the same day, unless Microsoft know something we dont....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

rotr would have been rubbish if released in the 1800's

I warned loads of my friends not to get it. I laughed when they didn't listen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i was one of the gullible ones, i got rotr, the only thing going for it was the graphics everything else was ****e

I got the cd-rom version with the supposed extra bits in, im still looking for those LOL

anyhoo will probably get halo on the pc just to see what the graphics are like

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Just wanna play it with keyboard and mouse...I hate those damn controllers!

• Advertisement

Even the graphics were crap. I did better rendering with a piece of paper and a crayon when I was 2.

Antway back to Halo. Probably will get it just for the MP modes which are meant to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Even the graphics were crap. I did better rendering with a piece of paper and a crayon when I was 2.

Antway back to Halo. Probably will get it just for the MP modes which are meant to be great.

Considering how good 8 player halo was with 2 xboxs, the PC multiplayer modes are gonna be class...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

halo is out in europe on october 10th not september 30th which is americas date

read here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

would any of you guys buy halo it if you already owned it on the xbox ? iv been playing the pc version and it's the exact same as the xbox so far.bar the gfx.Im sure the multiplayer is the biggest attraction & using a kb and mouse,natch.
    Imo, its not worth shelling out again for it on the pc.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Dont want Combatcow to get 1 over on me so i'll put a weeeeeeee speak in here

Been playin it on pc since the 9th of the month ( :P Combatcow )

Have to admit the version we have it buggy nothin exciting same levels it just seems they upped the details a Fair bit.

The multiplayer aspect is quite good but several of the maps are huge i mean, there simply unplayable on a 1 vs 1 game.

other dan dat we have it on Xbox at home so i cant see my BUYING this when it come out

Just my 2 cents

Dave

Id probabaly get halo for the multiplayer only to be honest

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

When people spend 1000+ euro's on a PC I don't think its unreasonable to forecast they'll buy more than one game.

Halo is a really good game. I know I'll be picking it up because of the multi options and the fact I can't stand FPS on a pad.

i'll be picking it up cos i'm a pcgamer nothing else and i've seen it played and it looks great

keyboard+mouse huge bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

would any of you guys buy halo it if you already owned it on the xbox ?

Yes. The multiplayer stuff rocks on the PC - they've added loads of stuff that isn't in the Xbox version, and it's going to be a huge amount of fun online assuming the netcode is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

halo with keyboard, mouse, better graphics and mp damn rite im gettin it!

• Advertisement

any1 know the minimum specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I really hope this one comes out on time ive been looking foward to it since before i had a decent PC, and before i had even heard of a console called the X box.
    I rember downloading the 161 meg movie file in work cause my HD wouldent have had the space at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

does anybody know if you will need a fast connection to play Halo online as I would buy it only for the multiplayer elements but I am stuck with a 56k modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

you need a fast connection to play most games online, (especially FPS)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Thats what I thought before I got half-life and that plays fine with my modem so I thought Halo might 2

i find the all seeing eye the best for finding 56k friendly servers, what i usually look for is the bandwidth choke in the server information window, if its 0 forget it, youll lag the server and be kicked, look for the choke level to be set to 512 k or above, theres a few out there, but you need to snoop ariund

shin

Advertisement