Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zwan call it quits

Options
  • 16-09-2003 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

From rollingstone.com - Billy Corgan announced this morning that Zwan, the band he started two years ago, have broken up.

he sited commitment isues as the reason for the break of the band -

"In some cases I felt that the band members viewed it as something they could decide to do or not to do"......... when asked this if he would be starting a new group, Corgan responded, "I'm thirty-six, I'm ready for a solo career

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

godammit....billy just can't be trusted nowadays...and they never played in ireland...if only they hadn't cancelled witness.... a solo career for billy might be interesting but ill miss the combination of jimmy and billy..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

Its probably not a bad thing. They sucked. Id say billy will make better music on his own. I hope jimmy continues making music too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No big loss there, I dont think.
    Zwan were a pretty poor band anyway.
    Given the choice, I'd take Pumpkins any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i loved smashy pumkins but zwan....i dunno man,billy just seemed to whinge instead of sing,just didnt sound rite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Originally posted by gucci
    i loved smashy pumkins but zwan....i dunno man,billy just seemed to whinge instead of sing,just didnt sound rite

Sorry man, don't think I got that....? All Billy did was whinge in SP, the Zwan album sounded like a happy Smashing Pumpkins to me... almost like he was finally not miserable? Must give it another listen for the "more upset than SP" angle

:D

• Advertisement

yeah im more of a depressed angery music man myself-oh and i agree billy whinged in s pumpkins aswell but the novelty is sorta wearing off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

pumpkins will always be better...thats true but jimmy's excellent drumming maintained with zwan.. billys doing poetry as well..

to be honest i only listened to album a few times as i bought it and audioslave tha same day.im afraid there is no comparison in which is better.ausioslave all the way man-they won that battel of RECYCLED bands!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ohandels

the important thing is no one cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

thank **** for that. they were bad bad bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement