Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 106 immobilizer code

Options
  • 16-09-2003 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know how I can change the immobilizer code on my Peugeot 106? The garage I bought it from told me that they were all set to a standard code when he got them from the dealer, but had no info on how I could change it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Is it a keypad immobiliser or a transponder type?

If it's the latter, the code more than likely changes automatically every time you use the car. There's no need to reprogram it. You should have been given a 'red' key with this too, which should be kept in a safe place - it's used for initialising new keys if you have to get any.

If it's a keypad type, then I'm sure there's some way of reprogramming it - probably best to talk to a Peugeot dealer. I doubt very much they're all set to a standard code, as this would eliminate practically all of the security advantages of an immobiliser.

Advertisement