Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

POP's in West Cork

• 16-09-2003 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Howya's

I am presently involved in the installation of a wireless broadband network for 3 Islands off the west of Cork, Sherkin, Heir and Cape Clear and am interested in submitting or project under this category.

We are installing a WLAN across 3 islands to bring the islanders wireless broadband internet access.

It is a EU sponsored pilot study in determining how broadband technology can affect island communities in a positive way, and how best to bring broadband technology to remote rural locations._

What I need is a POP in west Cork willing to unbundle and give us from 10 to 100 megs of pipe. We will bounce the feed wirelessly from the mainland, over vales and hills to the islands. Bantry would be a perfect spot.

Anyone got any contacts?
    Anyone got a list of were the fibre is?
    Anyone think I got a chance?

Adrian Legg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by adrianlegg

Anyone got any contacts?
    Anyone got a list of were the fibre is?
    Anyone think I got a chance?

Adrian Legg

No

Yes. The nearest lit fibre is hooked up to SOSUS bouys a few miles offshore. Bantry and Caherciveen went for VSAT backhaul of 1Mbit max, why are you islanders being greedy.

No . Ask in the Ireland Offline forum though, there may be a secret project that someone in there knows about .

M

Advertisement