Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

invisible or inkless tattoos

• 16-09-2003 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

hi all,

I saw recently that fat boy Jack Osbourne has a tattoo of a heart with MUM written in it on his back but it was done without ink or something cos you can barely see it, it just looks like a raised white scar. I thought the idea was quite cool so started googling around but came back with very little, the stuff i did find being very disappointing.

Didnt like Fat Jacks design at all but it looked good quality job, the other pics i found on google of this kind of thing looked very scabby and red. Also, they aparrently only last 3 years or so which is not what I want.

So have any of you heard of this before or have had it done? any info would be appreciated lots.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

I think what might interest you would be scarification. Basically its a raised scar in a shape of whatever you want.

http://www.bmezine.com/scar/A30730/high/scarification.jpg

Check out the pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sod

hmmm, wouldnt be into that really. the one i saw on the telly was just like raised skin, it wasnt red. Would that one in the pic heal back to normal skin colour (or scar tissue) after a while?

Yup it will just turn into raised scar tissue, the guy in the picture's one is pretty fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sod

thats cool, i'll be heading into some tattoo place in town to check it out further, thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

hi, it actually called Branding
    This is a small sampling of some of Steve Haworth's 3-D Body Art. and *** this guy steve seems to be the **** at this stuff also check out this one it looks sweet

http://steve.htcbodypiercing.com/portfolio/branding/branding_cross.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Could also be white ink, Shannon who runs bmezine.com has a white ink design on his forehead and it's very obvious.

The snakebite website has some exampls of some scarification they have done, check it out.

http://www.snakebite.ie/Scaralbum/7album1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

Originally posted by eth0_
    Could also be white ink, Shannon who runs bmezine.com has a white ink design on his forehead and it's very obvious.

yeah i'd say it's white ink aswell because i can't picture mummys boy jack getting scarification done...

bmezine.com ****ing rocks for looking up stuff like this so check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

this may seem like a stupid question ... but I've no tattoos or scars so I wouldn't know... but which would be the sorest to get done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by The Second
    this may seem like a stupid question ... but I've no tattoos or scars so I wouldn't know... but which would be the sorest to get done?

Scarification probably, because it's a cutting with a scalpel, and then in order for it to scar you have to irritate the wound daily. So in the long term it would cause you more discomfort.
    Personally I think a tattoo looks much better but each to their own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement