Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adsl problem

• 16-09-2003 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

info: i got UTV adsl

Today i decided to get steam+cs1.6 which is around 350mb. So this morning i wake up go on the internet start downloading it, go to school come back at 4pm and the dload only went up to 32% and theres some error saying that the client has been changed or reset something like that.
    Wuts this supposed to mean, i can't dload and leave for a couple of hours without staying active on the internet? cause it actually is if im dloading.
    1-i dont get wut i want
    2-i have to stay infront of my screen?
    3-my cap is used and its all wasted

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Firstly, don't get steam its rubbish. It crashes on every one of my pcs, I can never get either tfc or cs to work with it.

You could have been disconnected from the server you were downloading from.
    Your dsl connection could have been reset.
    Try using a download manager thingy so you can resume downloads.
    You are responsible for your cap, they won't disconnect you because you went over the cap; infact they are probably delighted you did, all it means is more money for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

If you post the actual error message you got then we could probably help you more. Your ADSL connection can drop, and it may have been this that caused the problem. Other than that, there isn't really anything you can do about it. Maybe you have a crappy modem? Who knows.

Try ringing support and asking them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

1- when i said i used part of my cap and was wasted meaning i did download like 80mb for nothing cause i dont got the file now
    2- i know steam is **** but i still want it but that aint the point here
    3- no modem aint crap and why would the dsl connection go down everytime when i reach 32%

Ill try another server tomorrow morning and ill post the results tomorrow

Got a good download manager for me?
    Thank u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

get DAP . I like it a lot. It wont help you with steam but you will be able to download the pre-cached version with dap

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    Firstly, don't get steam its rubbish. It crashes on every one of my pcs, I can never get either tfc or cs to work with it.

If you want to play CS from now on you will HAVE to get steam.

It works a lot better in the last day or two than it has.

if u want to play cs from now on you need steam?
    what do u mean
    1.5 is still out
    steam is just 1.0 now but cs 1.6 is still in its beta phase
    1.6 retail will take some time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Subc
    if u want to play cs from now on you need steam?
    what do u mean
    1.5 is still out
    steam is just 1.0 now but cs 1.6 is still in its beta phase
    1.6 retail will take some time

Have you been hiding under a rock?:)

1.6 is out of beta and available for download. Servers are gradually switching over to it.

1.5 and WON will be phased out when they fix all the current issues with 1.6. Judging by previous releases, by this time next month you will not be able to play 1.5 and 1.6/steam will be the de-facto.

You may be thinkingh of condition zero which is due out sep 30

wow WUT lol
    1.6 is out, final phase meaning its not beta anymore um...
    thought it was just steam thats not beta anymore.
    What i don't understand is how come its on steam now? i thought cs1.6 on steam was just beta, so people could test it
    I mean normally it should be on www.counter-strike.net
    Why this sudden steam switch

o my bad it is on there site um lol
    kind weird though that u have to dload the full version of cs1.6 and not just 1.5 to 1.6 update
    yes so why steam? wuts the advantage? more lag?

iight well same problem today again: "connection with server was reset"
    same website though but with another happened too

Advertisement