Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE2 and why some lines have to be drawn

Options
  • 26-05-1999 2:26pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

You need 8 ppl who are the panel with a "probables" team and a "possibles" team.
    Thats what I'm going to do for Team.IE and for IE3 when I get around to it later this year.

The players have to be into it as you said. Thats the most important thing.

After that to hell with the begrudgers. Let them try and set up alternative teams, typically they wont last 2 days before the novelty wears off.

With hindsight I would say have an informal vote on a leader person who has a sort of official power. Then you have the backing of the community and you can tell the rest to fvck off.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Janeymakers

You are doing a great job there, dont let a few begrudgers get you down, Im sure that a few of the q1 lads who play q2 will give you a dig out as opposition if need be, in fact once i get my joystick working in q2, and download or 147 patchs to get it to work, Ill take you all on single handed.

I jest, there is an awful sense of deja vu here re the Q1 team and some of your comments, but to be honest, its not possible to keep everyone happy, and the last thing you need is a couple of people wearing you down.

So lads whoever you are, show some support when its needed, you may well be on the next team or the team after that and with those q2 skills, you should be beating the heads off q1 players in q3, and can you imagine the fund there is going to be picking that team...

So "GL" Janey, I just hope you have a good bunch of lads behind you keeping you going.

Vex (Who admits he knows nothing about Q2 or the players, but who has seen the amount of organisation and personal time that gets eaten up by these events)org smile.gif

PS. remember why you took on the job and why people play the game is for enjoyment, not to humilate the losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Janey,

You're not needed. You're unwanted. You don't know how to run a team PLUS DzR would be just as good a team without all this fuss. IF IE2 was just being set-up to challenge some UK clans then you might aswell just let DzR do it.

Afew pointers to those that don't know how IE2 is run :

1. The TOP 5 play whoever else shows up for practice.

2. The rest of the squad don't get to know the winning tactics.

3. It is impossible to judge who is improving and who is losing it becuase the teams are 5 TOP PLAYERS with WINNING TACTICS vs SCRAP-HEAP with LOSING TACTICS.

4. Janeymackers TOOK the position as TEAM MANAGER and has abused it. He has no reputation-podium or respect-prodium to stand on (remember - this is the guy who joined DzR from HIV just to steal tactics).

Jump down off the high-horse that someones leant you, Janey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Vorosha.
    I have not abused my position in the slightest. I have consulted with the captain and The B team organiser about all decisions.

1)I mailed the Tactics used by the first team in detail to all squad members an more than one occasion.

2)If i'am unwanted your the only person that has said so, and its funny that you were the one kicked off for acting the Muppet.

3) I joined Doozer. Yeah but never looked at tactics. Ask anyone within my clan if i did and they'll say HIV and profited in any way from that brief stint away from HIV.

You seem to be baseing your agruement on complet hearsay. I could just go and make **** up about you and say everyone says this but i haven't because that not FACT is ??

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Vors correct !
    Ive watched those "trainings" and its exactly as vor describes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lord Flash Heart

TOOK the position did he Vor? Wrenched it from your hands just as you were about to set it all up?? Yeah, right. JM started it up cos he was asked too by a number of people. And where were you when this happened? Why I dont beleive anyone had seen you on a Q2 server for about four months at that stage, not under your usual nick anyway.

Peewee you havent watched a single 'training' you **** stirring muppet so shut the **** up.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So many begrudgers, so few constructive suggestions as to how things SHOULD be run.

Vor, if you dont like the way things are being run then why not state it plainly without sounding like a whiny kid.

Say exactly what you think is wrong AND how you think that problem could be worked around. You're very good at the first and seem to completely ignore the second.

As for peewee, he's just a muppet.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I take it that Vorosha is in his 'difficult' stage, going around slamming door and stuff now that he's a big teenager.

Just so you know what your talking about, the whole "remember - this is the guy who joined DzR from HIV just to steal tactics)" bit. Well its rubbish, I was the one who spread that about etc. to wind up DzR at the time.

Actually Lorg Fag I have watched those trainings and also Ive watched ye play a lot on the war servers so I know if ye are good or not
    I dont always have to playing to see whats happening !
    JM took the "job" on his admission which gives us the new and improved "JANEY AND FRIENDS.IE " team
    Each week more and more exciting things occur such as.....the B-team beating the beloved DZR A-team !
    I know more about ye than ye lot would like me to know

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i dont see why jm shouldnt be 'co-ordinator ' for irish q2 team.
    1) hes willing to do.
    2)he knows the irish q2 scene
    3)he knows the irish players
    4)hes constantly on the servers
    5)he has a lot of experience with one of the best teams in ireland
    6)he knows about organisation (its part of his job in rl ffs)
    7)most poeple are willing to lend him a hand or advice because hes well regarded and liked in the irish quake scene.
    8)he doesnt lose the head easily and thinks through before he makes desicions/judgments

and im sure others could put up their opinions of him as well but im sure most will agree with those 8 above.

what we (the community, not me and him personally) need is more front support and less bickering.
    someone said to me recently that my opinion is not valid as im a crap player. yep, yer right. i am. but i can go out and play a good game every now and then. ive beaten a whole host of excellent playyers in my time. aside from that, gameplay doesnt mean im stupid and that my say is automatically wrong. i may be getting beaten 20 to nil (thanks peterpan) but at least i'll stay on the server and tell who ever whipped my ass that they had a good game (even if they are a lpb - peterpan!)

vorosha, stop whinging. like i said to you the other day in irc, go do something constructive instead of trying to undermine the efforts of others. jm is trying to get a team together. if you dont like it that you were kicked, look at the reasons for this and try an fix the problem. just stop bitching of at him and everyone else just coz you feel you have an automatic right to be the face of irish quake. you think team.ie2 will do so well that thresh is gonna want a one on one with the best player (ie you)????

go get your suit dry-cleaned and we'll go drinking on june 5th.

of course, this is only the ramblings of a tired q2 muppet.
    please feel free to ignore
    whitewash

oh, and peewee, i still love you. we have pictures of you smile.gif

Pictures !
    WWman ! Pictures of me are a rarity so I know when someone has pictures of me or not
    However , seeing as you "think" you have a picture of what i look like...describe and ill tell ya how wrong you are !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

I know my ass is very furry really as regards q2 playing ability etc... BUT.....Janey g'man, grand, someone needed to bother the old proverbial. Vor g'man....never let reasoning get in the way of a good *SLAP!*. PeeWee....well er....*fnarf*
    *SLAP!*
    *WHIPISCH!*
    smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Vor has one single point correct.

The team SHOULD be called "JaneyMackers Irish Q2 Team" because he's the only one who bothered his hole to get up of his arse and get the ball rolling.

Wan the JM smile.gif

Kegs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

STOP FUCKIN B1TCHIN B1TCHES AND PLAY!
    oh yea and theres loads of great players on teams other than dzr what you on about vor?
    ooops b1tching! wink.gif

hey kegser!

when did i ever say that the team should be called 'JaneyMackers Irish Q2 Team'? That's such a ridiculous notion, my word.

[JMIQ2T]Kegser?

I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Vor seems to be the only begrudger here, and its some stupid thing he has against Mackers that shouldnt have been carried onto the boards in the first place.

Cardinal Fang, fetch...the comfy chair!
    clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

We set up a national team to pitch ourselves against the best that the UK has to offer and hopefully play some other national team.

The team is representing the Irish q2 scene and the country in our little cornor of the world that is q2. The q1 guys have shown to have thier **** together and do well. With Koopa winning the duel comp in France.

But there has to to some guidelines to playing in the team, 1 you gotta be into it that means that if your playing as the opposition in a practice game you don't go running of the servers saying i'am not gonna be just opposition. That does not say to anyone that your into being apart of the team.

Also and then saying your goin off to start your own one and bassically trying to piss everyoneoff on the servers etc is a good way to get back in.i think not.

Devore will agree with me that acts of constant muppetry does not deserve a place in the Irish team.

That a good team spirit and a laugh in practicing, playing and in IRC after is needed to get the team playing well together.

I put the work in with Spoon and Nog trying to get this together on top of everything else i have to do, i don't want to get my head wreaked my ppl constantly annoying the team and disrupting Practice.

Thats the facts. They seemed to be getting distorted so i taught i should clear them up for everyone reading those other posts about IE2.

JM.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Vorosha, the reason you were dropped was actually for throwing post-pubescent tantrums. Not that your playing was up to scratch anyway. It is not Team-Vor. So if you're not prepared to be a part of the team and do what the captains tell you, you may as well piss off and spy peeks at your sister's breasts and ring a hotline to discuss your sensations.

You will recall playing DM1 one night, with slightly unbalanced teams, ping-wise.

You started spouting crap about it, refusing to ready up etc etc and disconnected. Admittedly, it was late and you were probably cranky. The decision was then made to kick your sorry ass off the team. What's more, JM went on irc to talk to a few other well known players who agreed with him. Everyone was sick of your bullshit attitude. Your opinion of yourself is unwarranted. Its clear your only reason for these belligerent ravings on the boards is out of retributive indigence. You're pissed off JM dropped you so your attacking him here, not because you really question. You're doing yourself no favours.

In case I'm wrong -answer me this:
    Who would you have run the team?
    Nobody - and I mean nobody* - wants to have anything to do with you. You're a pain in the ass.

*disclaimer: Peewee and other muppets excepted

Max ...since when are you any good at q2 ? Just cos yer beloved brother "runs" the "irish" team doesnt mean you have to lick his hole every fukkin second of the day ! Or maybe its cos you aint good enuf at all really to be in the team and so by giving yer bestest friend in the whole wide world a ould lick out and a good juicy one up the hole or vice versa , youll improve yer chances yes?? Vor , I say fukk the "irish" team cos it isnt an irish team at all , theyll win fukk all , and theyll eventaully just give it up after they get whooped around the place ! Then what will happen the GET ALONG GANG ???

for the last time, i have no interest in **** team.ie2. i don't play q2 anymore really. i play it for fun the odd time and that's it. i think team.ie2 is VERY badly run. i'd rather if ray ran it to be honest.

by now you should all realise that i am chef ala faeces - **** stirrer, egg cracker (any baking refrence will do - rotten raddish robber (while not necceserily related to baking it does IMPEED the baking process)). when i see someone like janey taking it so seriously and **** things up... well actually i have no reason for doing it other then i'm a COMPLETE pacifist, nice-guy, get along gay in reallife. this is my little fake world where i get to be mean and nasty. i enjoy my release. i just wish everyone else was the same.

i don't take back my comments, i'm just explaining them.

Right Pee Wee that is the most imature thing i think i've ever seem on these boarsds.

Vor your a Little genital wart. #

I put in the time to get the team running turned up for every practice you were there for 2 prectices and you say it was badly run its not my fault if PPL don't turn up.

Give me 1 instance of it being Run badly ONE i think you'll find that you can't. Now i'am talking about something that i directly my fault.
    I think not why don't you go back to yuor little hole somewhere and just don't piss me off again cus you don't know me at all and art the next qp i will come down there and give you a good wooden spooning like your obviously your mammy didn't do enough for you to be such a little niddle dick wanker with no respect for elders.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm not licking anyone's hole, as you so intelligently put it Peewee, you precocious toddler. If anyone is ****-eating here its your gormless self - joining the bandwagon of any muppet who happens to act the asshole and stir **** on the boards. Who knows, maybe they'll repay the compliment next time you say something you should have thought about first (assuming that's a capability you possess) Its quite possible to take an independent view of a situation and come to a conclusion that's in agreement with someone else (or 20 others for that matter), you **** stillbirth.

For the record, I didn't take part in Team.ie because (a) there are better players than me; (b) I waste enough time playing for and organising my own clan and (c) my brother, JM (who I live with, shithead)and I have only 1 modem, which precludes us being online at the same time.

Vor - Its plain to everyone (I hope)that you're trying to rationalise your comments after the fact. The fiction of it is neither lost on me nor others but persevere by all means.

Cloud, could you set up a special creche webboard for these slowly growing pups?

JM and Max ...just listen to yerselves
    Wah...I put so much time and effort into this......its not fair....i dont deserve this..sob sob ( what a bunch of fukkin women )

both of ye deserve every critiscm cos those comments prove that yer lives are for tooooooo involved in a game and ye aint any better off for it
    Ye both just admitted that ye put a lot of effort into "organising" "practises" and clans...IS THAT NOT SAD ?? Try telling me that ye lot dont take things so seriously now fools !
    JM ..Ill tell you whats wrong with that team.ie practices...
    Placing 5 top against a mixed bunch is plain stupid ...as explained above ( although i love it when the b - team occasionally kick ye lot around the place )
    secondly not many people hold that much respect for you so its very hard to take you seriously(its sad if you take the whole thign seriously anyway) or even bother listening to you ! What good is all that??
    I dont care if you spent night and day at it ...you still wouldnt get it right and itll show when the GET ALONG GANG get whooped around the place by the other nerdlings who can play quake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

^ ^ ^
    hey everybody!...look at the delusions!

This guy just cracks me up smile.gif

I love watching peewee getting so worked up and taking it all SO SERIOUSLY...u go girl!

Cardinal Fang, fetch...the comfy chair!
    clans.quake2.co.uk/hiv
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmm, I always thought the sphere had the largest volume to surface ratio... but Peewee... how so much shite can fit into such a little prick is amazing!

tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

VOROSHA U FOOKIN D!CK. I don't give a fook if your mate or not, your an evil little boll!x. I'm only after opening this thread here and saw this sh!te

"Janey, You're not needed. You're unwanted. You don't know how to run a team PLUS DzR would be just as good a team without all this fuss. IF IE2 was just being set-up to challenge some UK clans then you might aswell just let DzR do it."

Your only goin mad cos u got kiked out!! You NOT a TEAM PLAYER U NEVER WILL BE, thats y u throw micky fits when things don't go your own fukin way, grow the fuk up. Stop bein a fag and fuk off back to where u were before I asked u to come back, man your jus actin the pr!ck.

If Janey's fukin tactics and management where sooo bad do ya not fukin think Spoon, meself Nog or any other GOOD Q2er would have said somethin to him??? DzR r the best clan goin and have been for well over a year now, we know what we're doin when it comes to TEAMPLAY and we know what Mackers is doin is good for the team, u on the other hand DON'T, so shut the fuk up and STOP bein and bitter kunt.

And Mackers, STOP EXPLAINING YOURSELF, there's no fukin need man, not to them kunts.

Dave---> p!ssed off at kunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can the lot of you's give it a rest? if you's want to have a bitch slapping competition do as Riker says and keep it private.

JM, you don't have to justify yourself, if people don't want you as the manager the team will say so. The fact they don't reply doesn't mean anything.

You don't have to be the best player to be the manager. You have to be able to put up with crap that's being posted in the last week and a lot of admin stuff which most Quake heads would find boring. Likewise when on the team. Doesn't matter if you are gods gift to quake, if you can't play on a team your not worth shite (although 1on1 you should be fine smile.gif).

Vor, Try giving constructive comments. If you don't care about the Irish team, don't make a comment. If you know how to improve it (beyond slagging off JM) make a comment.

Peewee... well if you like I can get you a list of other boards that you can go and annoy people on, just to keep you happy like smile.gif

afew things:

1. JM slags me off. I never stooped to personal abuse or violent threats.

2. I didn't kick up a fuss when I was kicked off the team. That was a week or two ago?

3. TONGUE IN CHEEK! TONGUE IN CHEEK! FOR **** SAKE!

5. You're all up there talking to eachother and getting to know eachother personally. EVERYONE I know personnally agrees with ME. I mean it's obviously NOTHING to do with personality OR age (you putting me down becuase I'm younger then you and saying I need to respect you 'cos you're older is sickening).

6. Nothing stopping me or anyone else also starting 'THE IRISH Q2 TEAM'. For me to even acknowledge your team as THE team should be considered enough for you to respect my views.

7. I should've let you kick me off at the start when I had the upper hand. All this proves is that temporary licking of the arse gets you nowhere.

8. I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

err, who are you talking to?

Points 1,2,3. Personally I think your making yourself look like fools. As Devore (and Zero for that matter) has said again and again is it only takes a possible sponser to go visit this board and end any chance of getting them to sponser the team. Least we can make allowances for Peewee as he's just here for the annoyance factor.

What was point 4?

Point 6. Anyone can start a team and claim to be the Irish team. However in order to do that your going to have to get backing to do it or your just going to look stupid. Although I've quit Q2 some time back, I would really like to see an Irish Q2 team to the level and managment of the Quake1 team. That's not going to happen if people keep acting childish the second theres any contention.

I'am goin with Junk and Hobble on this

"No Comment Band of annoyance."

JM

• Advertisement

i don't belive how stupid you people are.

Advertisement