Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RA2 League

Options
  • 27-05-1999 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of setting up a rocket arena 2 pick up league after the iq2cl finish's, I haven't set up any rules or anything yet and am just posting this to see if all the clans can field a team ? Some of the bigger clans could host two ?

anyway DF can field a team possibly two depending on the players. So whoever's interested, post below

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Yeah Paul that a great idea. Into pickups and sick of playing on Barrys ra2 servers with a bloody 3million ping and the lpb their with like a 10 ping no fun go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

Sounds good alright, a word of warning though, don't accept 2 teams from a clan because firstly they seldom can get a full turnout and secondly it's to easy for people to use ringers.

bstep@tinet.ie
    q2n.quake.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Go For It!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

K so, take your point of fielding two squads with the **** that happened in the iq2cl the first time round, any other suggestions would be welcome smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Two teams maybe a bit unrealistic but for God's sake, lets have about 6 players per team. There's a lot of lads out there in clans, who never get much of a chance to play in league matches. More players make for better RA2 games in any case.

• Advertisement

How about 5 players per team, max 2 lpbs?
    6 might be pushing it a bit for the smaller clans.

Yea spoon's suggestion sounds good, a minimum of 3 players must be fielded in order for a clan to play on the day of a match, a max of 5 with one sub and a max of 2 lpbs, so lsd get some hpbs god damn it

I think LsD will be HPB only come June, *snigger* smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Excellent idea/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Fanatstic Idea!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

**** it. Why don't we ALL just go on one team and shout tactics at ourselves. Maybe we could blow away eachothers armour. Guys, would that be, guys, would that be more like what you'd be wanting?

ahaahah

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Put this Q1 Muppet down for that my good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oi Tincool ! since when did you decide to come out of yer shell ? I dont think you should call Creative a gobshite ( i think anyone who knows him will tell you exactly the opposite , he has quite a no. of allies id say, so dont go there you fukkin fool)
    As for comments about me....is that the best you could do ..a "chap" am i ? What kind of english snobby talk is that ? "Scones and tea accompanied with some spotted dick for afternoon tea mummsy and papa" eh !! Rather !

[This message has been edited by Mr_PeeWee (edited 28-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

*checks back log of Creatives posts*

Nah, he's a gobshite alright. No doubt about it.

Glad to have cleared that up for you.

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Nah, in fairness Creative is not a gob shite, but Peewee has well proved himself to be.

Hold on there kiddy KrasH ! Wtf have i ever said or aimed at you personally ?? Nowt...but I suppose you cant help it but act the f uckin wanker (youre worse than sheron by a mile when i think about it)
    And shinji...wtf would you know about creative??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I read back thru his posts etc. on this board. His contributions to the community, if you will.

Thats all I have to judge him on. Therefore as far as I'm concerned, he's a gobshite.

Is this your sad past time ? insulting people. Ah well, I think I don't have to say anything, just by the posts you make on this board it is obvious enough what sort of person you are......

Before I came around here...I hear you and Daa were considerd to be 2 cheeky little f uckers of quake ? What happened? Did a big bad bully scare little Krash ? Awww de poor baba
    And no this isnt a past time at all
    And what KIND of human being am I oh wise Krash ?? Tell us all what I am ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JP8000

....bog

• Advertisement

This post is "supposed" to be about an RA2 League not another slagging match, which I do not want to get involved in. I won't take back what I said about creative, chrome99, chrome or whatever he calls himself these days cos after what happened in IRC after a certain NIC v DF game any respect I had for him was from that point, no more.

As for you peewee, I dont even want to waste my time, u can slag all u want but I'm not going to reply to anything else from u or anyone else from the "band of annoyance"

Good day to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JP8000

em creative and chrome are diff ppl btw

ok Tin, just to clear things up. Creative is not chrome, nor vice versa. totally different ppl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭KinDreD

Rite..everyone shut the **** up.....
    creative is actually sound...so is peewee........
    just relax like.....for **** sake

Here Vorosha, not being satisfied with rocking the boat in IE2 (yourself and that gobshite creative and that other peewee chap) but now u want to go and **** around with a league that might be a good laugh ?? Grow up will ya you stupid fuckin ejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CrEaT IvE

Tinboy.......what did i say in the logs? If ya dont want to post them on the boards mail it to me ... colie@csn.ul.ie

I cannot believe ye're all taking a bit of critisim soooo seriously....forget about it!!! anyone who has nothing to do with the argument to start with should shut it!! eh shinji?....where did you're outburst come from?.....what was its purpose?.....trying to kiss your way on to a team?....watch out janey....shinji is using you!!!

btw.....do you even play Q2 Shinji? whats your favorite colour? how old are you?...whats a "gobshite"?...are you gay? ..........who are you.....why have i never even heard of you before your insults!!!!

Perhaps the only ones that should make a contribution to this little delema are those who have chosen to look at both points of view. Very few ou there ...but there are a few.

This has all gone a bit mad....id say its me last post in relation to me being a gobshite/
    reactionist/ communist / non lickableages....

anyway enough waffle...later

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok, back to main idea of this thread

yep, a ra2 league would be cool. but unfortunately there wouldnt be too many teams competing as there simply isnt enough clans to provide teams. unless you are willing to let in 'teams' of mixed players that arent already playing in a clan team or are clanless.
    of course, you may count me in smile.gif

Well maybe doing something like the q1 lads did with that Clan Survival thing, we'd get a load of teams out of that.
    - KrAsH

In theory that seems like a good idea Krash but Clan Survival went belly up because of lack of ppl showing up on the day. Maybe its a clan loyalty thing but you'll find clans are a lot more reliable than teams made up of mixed players.

Also can we make it a RAILGUN ONLY! league, All them other weapons just get in the way smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

oi!...stop replying to peewee's posts! smile.gif

Advertisement