Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Peartree house and wy won't WWM let me join

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No Merc just making the point that people like wwm are all hard men on the internet, calling people scum low life and the rest, but when it comes to saying the things they say to anybody in real life they bottle it. Wasn't impling they looked at me and where scared or anything, as i can't speak for them.

as for the other stuff i asked wwm in another thread, before posting this one what PTH was, and as i have already stated your replies have more then answered my querry. thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by ecksor
    I don't know if you realise that TCD has a bias towards the BA degree, which is why one of the foremost degrees in this country for that particular subject (which happens to be a science) carries a BA award. You will find this occurs with their Computer Science degree, for example. Your bias against the BA degree is a symptom of another sort of institutional bias, which you may or may not come to realise as you go through life.
    yes i realised that Computer Science was awarded a BA and that it is one of the most highly respected Degrees in the country, for that area.
    After all that, you asked why you couldn't have access, then when it was offered you declined, which means that you're rattling your 'cage' with an annoying little tin mug, trying to make a 'point'. Well, good for you. If you want to make a straightforward assertion or accusation, then please get straight to the point rather than this timewasting exercise.

I wasn't asking for access at the start mearly weather or not people actually joined the thing. then i was told i could join, and then i wondered why i couldnt and started this thread. Later emerged people can join this club, just not me, cause wwm hates moi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ok, thread locked. You can all express your issues in PMs.

Boston, I made no reference to the quality of the Computer Science degree. Perhaps you read me correctly, but I think you subtly misread. Anyway, it's not a big deal.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Only one more thing to add and its a clarification:

Merc, if you *had* come to us and said "I want a super sekret club for spechul people" we wouldnt have granted it, I certainly would have been against it.

But PTH came about from a random funneh comment not unlike the Ninjas.... we ran with it to see where the fevoured minds that hang out here would take it.

I dont hang out there but I like that it IS there. Its a subset community where the entry requirement is friendship. I can dig that.

DeV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement