Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Demise Of Dad Rock

• 16-09-2003 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Any idea why this fine program, imo the only decent prog on he radio, went of air?
    no fanfare, no last show, and some pile of bollcoks in its place.

why lord, why lord?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

didnt really like it myself. But same thing like when they axed the metal show on 2FM. Irish radio sucks ass imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

they replaced it with some ****ty indie music show....dont think it lasted too long tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Dadrock started going downhill when the original DJ Marty Miller left the show. The guy who replaced him (Ian Naughter) was OK but just didn't seem to have the same knowledge of music as Miller and had a habit of cutting off the songs before they ended which was infuriating. Still I do miss the show - used to really look forward to it in a sunday night. Don't know why it was pulled. Yeah it did disappear very suddenly. Another show which I used to enjoy on a sunday night was Living in the Seventies with Jim O'Neill on 98fm. That show was on the air around 1996-97 and a lot of the stuff played on it was similar to the stuff played on dadrock.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Davejpgr

Dadrock kicked ass, then they took it away.
    now how are we s'posed to listen to decent music.
    not including our own stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

the show they have on 2fm atm (not sure what its called - mon to thurs, 10-midnite) is usually pretty cool...not a touch on dad rock, but listenable none the less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Irish radio is crap all the same tho (except when Phantom's on), thank god for internet radio.

Civilian_Target

Advertisement