Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partymob.com

• 16-09-2003 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I ordered a ringtone back at the end of July from partymob.com. I have a bill phone on O2. I checked the price of the ringtone on their website if ordering by text. It said 6 euro. Okay so I ordered it, and got it. So all was well until my phone bill arrived on the 3rd of September from O2. Listed on the bill was Premium Text: €1.67. This was listed 9 times! and note that this price was excluding VAT @ 21% so including vat I was charged €18.19 in total for 1 bloody polyphonic!

So it gets even better. I ring partymob, I think their called info media or something. I tell the girl what happened, she takes my mobile number and product code and then tells me I need to post off a copy of the bill with a letter to some address. I said no way I'm not posting it off from Ireland cause it takes over a week for it to arrive from here (which it does) and ask her could I fax it to them. She wouldn't let me saying it was company procedure that it had to be a copy through post and that's what she had been told from day 1. I asked her whats the difference between sending a copy off the bill by post than sending it by fax. Again she replied it's company procedure. I then asked to speak to a supervisor as it was unacceptable. She said there was no point as the supervisor would say the same thing. I then told her either she lets me speak to a supervisor or I will be contacting RegTel who governs Premium Rate content in Ireland and that they would face having their services withdrawn from Ireland. So she says one moment and finally I get through to a supervisor. The supervisor gives me the Fax number and tells me to fax it that it's not a problem! and then hangs up on me? So I ring back in before I send the fax as I had been cut off and get through to the same girl and ask her could she put me back through to the supervisor. She informed me that the supervisor had left her desk. How conveinent and tells me that I can fax it through. I said Okay hold the line I'm going to fax it now while I'm on the phone as I thought that if I sent it while off the phone they could claim that they never received it. So I faxed it off and made sure she had the bill in her hand before I hung up. So after she reads the bill she then says "are you not going to send a letter to accompany it aswell?". I said okay I will, hang up the phone write out a letter quickly, ring back up and fax it through at the same time so again they couldn't say they never received it. Again I got through to the same girl and she said that's alright. I asked her how long before I get a response, she told me between a day and a week. All of that happened on the 3rd of September.

Yesterday, 15th of September still no word from partymob. Ring up again, get through to the same girl (i think she must be the only one on the phones?) and she tells me that it must've been looked into by the technical team but now transferred down to accounts for payment and that's why it's taking so long. I told her she said a day to a week, she then took a contact number and my name and said it would be passed on to a supervisor. I also thught it would be a good idea to get her name and she tried to say it really quickly so I never picked it up. I had to ask her to repeat it twice and then to spell it just to be sure!

Okay so today I haven't been contacted and I'm really pissed off with them. It's not so much the money why I'm keeping pestering them but more because I think loads of people are getting ripped off by them and I think at 6 euro it's far too dear never mind being charged 2 extra times.

So anybody any ideas as to where to go or what to do next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

€6 for a ringtone seems mental, I know some people don't have IR or the ability to download ringtones for free from the net, but still! Anyway that aside Partymob is just another company that charges incredible rates for a product/service worth almost nothing, whilst not even providing customer support. I'd get straight onto Regtel and fax THEM a copy of your bill. I'd be interested to see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Complain to RegTel - they'll get a reaction pretty sharpish or shut their short code down.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

get ringtones games ect free on http://tagtag.com/all4u or http://tagtag.com/r3dcloud or best of all http://wap41.com/venom621 did a google search and found these and they are good.
    on your handset simply go to services than go to url address and add the link required above
    Enjoy :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

'Tis ridiculous. Someone report these guys sharp-ish. Two friends have mentioned it to me in the space of a month - both stories chillingly similar - they order a ringtone, get overcharged, *never receive it* and then try to complain but walk into a dead end.

One of them told me they found out the company was based in england, and basically never returned his calls or mails? The other one tried ringing them just - but to no avail.

Gr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

UPDATE: Rang today at 4PM got through to the same one. She told me that her manager was in a meeting because of holidays next week and that she would get them to ring me back. I said fine but if I haven't been contacted by 5PM this evening I will be contacting Regtel who may shut your short-code service down to Irish customers. She said Ok so I finished by saying 5PM or Regtel will be informed! So 4.30 I get a voicemail message saying that payment has been sent out to me. I'll wait and see if it arrives though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I know this is very OT and i'll get flammed but in fairness if you're willing to pay €6 for a ringtone you almost deserve to be ripped off.
    I thought my friend was a plonker for paying €3 off some Irish site but the biscuit has been taken with this one.

Advertisement