Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service pack deleted my Office Professional

Options
  • 16-09-2003 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I tried to install Norton 2004 tonight and it advised me that i needed to upgrad my sevice pack so i Did
    2hrs downloading it over my 56k

Then I tryed to install it and it gave me a error cant remember what it was a i was slightly annoyed but then I tryed to check my emails
    and outlook gave me an error box saying the programme must be installed to run please install programme

My head is wrecked what the hell is going on !!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

a) Find out what the error is

b) Check if other Office programs give similar errors

c) refer to a)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

The Error is the Programme needs to be installed again

and yes its the same with all the othere Office products

its a fu*king nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

you sure its not:

The feature you are trying ot use is not currently installed, please insert the office CD.

In which case, well.. eh... insert the office CD.

Sometimes happens when you install service packs. Most annoying indeed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Hi Lolth if i reinstall office will i lose all the Info I have on Outlook ??? Like email address and mails

and do you know why this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

back up first... do a search on your HDD for *.pst and put them somewhere safe, then re-install :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

re-installing office will not delete any information you had within any of it's applications i.e your contacts etc in OE/OU will all be there just the same

It happens me after some update on win2k after a reformat - I just leave the cd in the drive and it picks back up whatever it needs after the service pack has been installed.

Advertisement