Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile No. Portability Nightmare! - Part II

• 16-09-2003 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

pat kenny returned to Mobile No. Portability this morning on his show (this time i definatley wasn't listening - someone else told me it was mentioned... no honest i wasn't :D)

rtsp://streaming2.rte.ie/2003/0916/pkenny2.ra
    (paste link into real audio - fast forward to 0:53:15)

he covered last week's story saying the lady had been sorted out after about 10 days and her phone was working again - vodafone still maintaing none of it was their fault...

so today a guy was interviewed who was moving 5 numbers from Voda to O2 - he asked beforehand how long it would take and was told it could be up to 8 hours - well it was a bit longer than that, 28 days to be exact!!!

now the problem he had was down to O2 and he was upset at what happened, although he said they took full responsibilty, their chief exec contacted them to apologise personally and they also got compensated

compared to Vodafone's responses - which he was less than impressed with - he said the worst communication he got was a one liner email from their chief exec saying I am glad that your problems with O2 have now been resolved by O2 - interesting customer relationship management strategy :confused:

Pat said why should Voda care as the guy was leaving them for the competition - and the guy made a good point saying it was just a business decision and if Voda's prices were cheaper next year he would change back - or maybe not after the way Voda had communicated with him

looks like there are still too many bugs that need to be ironed out for this to run smoothly - but worse - way too much finger pointing instead of trying to sort out the problem for customers asap

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by DubWireless
    pat kenny returned to Mobile No. Portability this morning on his show (this time i definatley wasn't listening - someone else told me it was mentioned... no honest i wasn't :D)

rtsp://streaming2.rte.ie/2003/0916/pkenny2.ra
    (paste link into real audio - fast forward to 0:53:15)

he covered last week's story saying the lady had been sorted out after about 10 days and her phone was working again - vodafone still maintaing none of it was their fault...

so today a guy was interviewed who was moving 5 numbers from Voda to O2 - he asked beforehand how long it would take and was told it could be up to 8 hours - well it was a bit longer than that, 28 days to be exact!!!

now the problem he had was down to O2 and he was upset at what happened, although he said they took full responsibilty, their chief exec contacted them to apologise personally and they also got compensated

compared to Vodafone's responses - which he was less than impressed with - he said the worst communication he got was a one liner email from their chief exec saying I am glad that your problems with O2 have now been resolved by O2 - interesting customer relationship management strategy :confused:

Pat said why should Voda care as the guy was leaving them for the competition - and the guy made a good point saying it was just a business decision and if Voda's prices were cheaper next year he would change back - or maybe not after the way Voda had communicated with him

looks like there are still too many bugs that need to be ironed out for this to run smoothly - but worse - way too much finger pointing instead of trying to sort out the problem for customers asap

BrianG

It really frustrates me when this happens. It seems that Vodafone have handled the whole FNMP problem very badly. What is ironic is that I think they are the only company to have created a specific FNMP team within their customer care department, I think O2's and Meteor's service is handled by technical departments. The whole reason for this was to create a more customer friendly experience. This seems to have backfired big time.

As for the whole finger of blame thing, all three companies customer care reps are just as bad. I honestly think that the sole reason for this is a lack of training and once they hear another company is involved, they see that as an easy way out. You wouldnt believe how often this happens, well maybe you will :p

A recent case was to do with the FNMP problem, when some prepaid users where topping up their accounts using their APN, they were clicking Vodafone as oppossed to O2, and then trying in their 086xxxxxxx number. This instruction would be send to Vodafone to top up and the number doesnt exist. Previous they would be told an 086 number is not a valid Vodafone number but not since FNMP was introduced.. For the first 2 weeks, Meteor, Vodafone and O2 were just referring customers to other companies, to an extent where a customer would have called both operators up to 5 times....

Training really needs to be improved across the board. The new penalties that can be imposed to operators who have 3G licenses should give all the operators something to worry about and give them a reason to get their finger out......

Advertisement