Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete Uncapped Flatrate

Options
  • 17-09-2003 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

How many of you would pay 25euro for complete unmetered 56k access per month.

It may be coming soon.....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Oh look, it's a n00b with just one post coming to tell us something exciting. Back it up or

GET ORF MOI LAAAAAND!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Is your nick a clue to when this might be? ;)

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Is your nick a clue to when this might be? ;)
    Post of the Month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Is your nick a clue to when this might be?

2180 lol.. The rest of the world has 2GB/s flatrate wireless connections and Ireland finally gets unmetered 56k woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

/me eyes up jimmy2180 suspicously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I can't post anything that doesn't sound really cutting so I'll leave out the comments totally.

Jimmy, do yourself a favour and search back through the forum for costings on FRIACO products. Given that I'll be occupying one of your ports permanently (if I can even dial up when everything is engaged) by dialling up for 700 hours a month, I hope you'll be happy to lose the magnificent sum of EUR13,700 in the first 12 months on one customer (er, me) alone assuming you're using FRIACO or EUR20,724 if you're not. Just to test out "unlimited" on behalf of the board you understand:D. You'll need between 45 and 70 customers paying and not using the service at all to balance out every sceptre and break even. I wish you well.

("completely unlimited" is a big phrase you understand)

(note: I'm just offering the example)

Seriously though, with mod hat on, if you know something, say what you know. Otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time with a comment about as useful as "UTV AND Channel 4 are coming sooooon to Sky!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Hey Guys,

All we did was ask your opinion, and from your response it would seem like you are not interested

2180 lol.. The rest of the world has 2GB/s flatrate wireless connections and Ireland finally gets unmetered 56k woo!

We are only offering to give the best thats available here - if you don't want it then fine, but we don't need your stupid comments

Oh look, it's a n00b with just one post coming to tell us something exciting

n00b? Is that a word, sad guys with no life who spend all day on message boards use?

sceptre - thanks for your input but we have a group of lads who would buy and sell you when it comes to knowledge about this stuff, so we don't need your "expertees" thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Fwaggle
    Hey Guys,

All we did was ask your opinion, and from your response it would seem like you are not interested

sceptre - thanks for your input but we have a group of lads who would buy and sell you when it comes to knowledge about this stuff, so we don't need your "expertees" thank you.

Ohhhh..... fwaggle and jimmy(longtimeawayinnit) are in cahoots on this scheme!

Sceptre can spot pimping or (worse) vapourware pimping a mile off.

Can you two come up with an interesting 'offer' to us in here or else take your punishment gracefully when he bins this and bans you both for timewasting.

<Hint>.......we remember Beam ! </hint>

M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh I don't have any expertise. I used to be an accountant for crying out loud, they're giving those degrees away with Happy Meals these days. I'm just telling you how much a port will cost you with no contention on 56k (as "complete unlimited" will pretty much require that). I'm afraid you know nothing about me at all. We've a simple rule here - get personal, get banned. Your choice. Given the readership of this forum we don't have time to waste trading personal anything.

I'm off for the day (busy busy) and I'll leave this open. Moriarty or seamus may well get the urge to close it later though depending on how it goes (or if there's /any/ info posted by these kids).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

gentlemen, absolutely priceless.....this should be recommended as the thread of the week....no month....

but to be fair.....lets give people a chance...BUT lets not let it get in the way of the LAAANNND and nick joke.....

thanks for making my day and its only early!!!!

LOL excellent...

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Look d00d, if you want people here to help you out, stop hiding behind n00b handles and tell us who you are. If you really have a group of lads who would buy and sell you when it comes to knowledge, we'll know who they are. The fact alone that you don't know what a n00b is tells me that you haven't a clue.

Oh, and it's "expertise" btw.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

:D

As someone who's personal reputation was stung badly by the beam debatical I find this all very amusing (I'm allowed).

OK let me say this loud and clear with the IOFFL hat on, this is a forum boards.ie has graciously provided IrelandOffline with, it is intended for companies to engage constructively with consumers, jimmy2180 and Fwaggle I must tell you honestily you have not done so.

You have come in providing a megre degree of information, nothing about who you are and specifics about your intentions, and then you get upset when our members accuse you of vaporware offerings.

I would also particularly be careful about taking Sceptre to task, he has surprised me on more than one occasion with his debt of knowledge on numerous subject, so I wouldn't be so quick to suppose you have a colleague who knows better.

Alot of these guys have worked tirelessily over the past two years to help facilitate the introduction of the wholesale product you are hoping to use.

Now how do find compromise and lift ourselves out of this situation ? You can start by telling us who you are ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

jimmy2180, Fwaggle. If ye have got some "complete uncapped Flatrate" product that yer going to launch, best of luck to ye.
    But if ye were hoping that by coming to the IOFFL Consumer board in such a manner would earn you UTVip like respect for customer interaction, then ye seem to have got off to a bad start by starting with a thread like this.

UTVip EARNED it.

Put up or shut up time, methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Fwaggle and jimmy2180,

I've mailed and pm'ed (private message on boards system) my contact details if you would like to contact IOFFL officially to speak further on this matter.

In the mean time can we consider this thread closed?

David Long
    PRO IrelandOffline
    087-2643299

Hi All,

Ok, was a simple enough question. We were trying to measure the interest level but apparently we have to tell you who we are and what our plans are to do that?

We are not in the habit of coming on to message boards and saying stuff to wind people up - in fact, i am not in the habit of using message boards full stop, as you can see from the lack of use of "n00b" and "d00d" in my posts :-)

We are aware of all the costs etc etc, all we needed was a "yes, i'm interested" or "no, i'm not"

feel free to close this thread - its of no use to us anyway

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

We are aware of all the costs etc etc, all we needed was a "yes, i'm interested" or "no, i'm not"

feel free to close this thread - its of no use to us anyway

Yes I am interested,

No I do not believe that you or Jimmy can do this fwaggle, nor do most of the others who replied to the Pimp

Dangger suggested you contact the IoffL committee (he was the chair) in private. That is very kind of him I should think.

As the IoffL committee (and a minister who listened to them) originally brought FRIACO into being in this country you may take it that they will advise you well. In the meantime stop pimping a non existent product in here. We are tired of pimps.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jerk

**** off you ****ing ****

ok point taken

Thanks a million for the feedback guys.

We've learnt to shut our mouths until we have something to show you.

Live and learn.......and all that

:D

G'Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jerk

****ing A.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Lads, for gods sake do you not know a troll when you see one ?

n00b? Is that a word, sad guys with no life who spend all day on message boards use?

WE AER TEH HILEE PROFEESIANAL INTRAEWEB COMPENAEY. TEHY HAEV TI ON COMPUTARS NOW YUO KNOE!!

4 MOER DETALES CALL JIMMY ON 01-48**** - IF ME MA ANSWERS ASK 4 JAMES. TAHNKS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Let me just say for the record...
    with experiences of people with no limits???
    and my experience with satellite services (unlimited)??

there is no such thing as a free lunch, or in this case Uncapped unlimited.

No matter who offers such a service there is always a clause in the contract that states the provider may change or restrict its service upon giving 30 days notice to the user.

As such.. when you subscribed to an unlimited service, and if you are deemed to be abusing the service, or not using it in the spirit of what it has been intended for you will!! be throttled or cut off completely

no limits people got this
    and recently someone i know who also has an unlimited satellite service has been throttled and capped down to 6gbs a month.
    i use the same service have not been capped, however that is not to say they wont do it..

forget looking for unlimited, get a large fixed guaranteed cap and make sure you get a guarantee on this too.
    as i said don’t believe it when the say unlimited or un capped because sure as shiit it wont be for long especial if you are a download hog wanting as much as you can eat without any care in the world. forget it..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Real professional. Trying to insult future potential customers, nice.

I'm hoping this is a troll. Otherwise he could seriously do with some public relations training.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Hi All,

//

The devil is in the details. While it sounds very nice without giving specific details this just sounds like a wish...

So please furnish us some details...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Lads, for gods sake do you not know a troll when you see one ?
    For some strange reason, whenever someone trolls on the IOFFL boards, everyone either believes them or says something along the lines of "I really hope this isn't a troll".

A sign of desperation perhaps......?

jimmy2180 and Fwaggle are clearly the same 14 year twat thinking they're the shit for fooling people here....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Ho hum. You now have contact details if you want to get in touch with the committee (heh). Thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement