Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Unforgiven Card + opinions.

• 17-09-2003 2:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    Just wanna get everyones opinion on the upcoming RAW PPV this Sunday.

World Heavyweight Title vs. Goldberg's Career
    Title Changes Hands On DQ & Countout
    Triple H vs. Goldberg

It's not gonna take rocket science to figure out who's taking this one. Trips is gonna be honeymooning very shortly (in fact his Stag night is tonight after the Smackdown taping). However, HHH has six days for this groin injury to heal, otherwise we're looking at approx twenty minutes of mind-numbing crap for a match. But it'll be good to see HHH do the job, even if it is once a year.

For The RAW Announce Team Spot
    Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross vs. Al Snow & Jonathan Coachman

Can you really see Coach on RAW every monday? I don't f'n think so. The match is gonna blow donkey balls and will probably take about ten minutes at the longest. Could they not have just put this turkey on a RAW show or something?

Last Man Standing Match
    Kane vs. Shane McMahon

I actually think this might work. Although knowing Shane O'Mac, he'll accidently put himself through the spanish announce table to give Kane the win. Either way, this feud is still going nowhere fast.

WWE Intercontinental Title Match
    Christian vs.
    Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho
    Christian
    was added due to what happened on RAW last night. The thing is, this kind of angle has been done to death (twice before this years wrestlemania as well) It still saddens me to see Jericho getting shafted further and further down the card. I'm expecting good stuff from this match. It's always nice to see Jericho in the ring rather than shooting his mouth off every week.

Tables Match Bubba Ray, D-Von, & Spike Dudley vs. La Resistance & Rob Conway
    I'm gonna assume this is going to be the opener as thats all the Dudleyz seem to be good for lately. Don't expect much from the La Resistance side as one of them injured themselves (don't ask me who, the french one i guess :P ) at a house show last week.

Scott Steiner/Stacy Services Match
    Scott Steiner vs. Test
    *SNOOOORRRREEEEE* Been there, seen it, didn't give a sh|t about it six months ago and don't give a sh|t about it now.

Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton

Now THIS is the highlight of the night in my honest opinion. Michaels is rumoured to be putting Randy Orton over for it. It's more than likely going to be a good match ruined by a screwjob ending though. It'll take up a good 20 minutes.

Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Molly Holly & Gail Kim
    Oh come on! Does anyone actually care about the womens matches anymore? Granted I like to see Lita, it'll be interesting to see her after her absense. But that'll be it. Gail Kim will do her usual twenty rana's in a minute performance. Ok, Molly looks well lately, but i'm tired of Trish's fake tits

They're my opinions on the matches, anyone?
    Nero

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Matches in order of merit -

1. The IC match should be interesting as all 3 are capable wrestlers who can hit their moves and entertain.

2. Micheals Vs. Orton should be good hope there is no interference (Prob will though).

3. Kane Vs. Shano Mac should have plenty of bumps

4. Ladies tag team match, at least the 4 girls involved can wrestle, looking forward to Litas return

5. Announcers match, has RAW run out of wrestlers? How can this sh** be ahead of guys like the Hurricane?

6. Table match, La resitence suck donkey balls when fit, how c*** will they be when 1 is injured?

7. HHH Vs Goldberg, HHH not fit and not interested, he's resting his groin for the honeymoon :D

8. Steiner Vs Test, hang on didn't we do this already?

Bar the first two these are not PPV quality matches, This weeks Smackdown will prob be better. RAW has serious problems if this is the best they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

intercontinental should be good
    shane mcmahon v kane could be good
    michaels and orton should also be good

everything else will be a case of i'll see when it happens. the announcer match will bore me to tears i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

not the worst ppv ever but not one id pay good money to see.
    the ic match will be interesting and worth seeing
    orton-micheals will be good but micheals has a bad back and it could take away from the match
    hhh-goldberg i cant see being any good and i can see hhh winning and still disapear for a honeymoone and let his groine heal besides next raw ppv is in two months
    shane Vs kane i can see as being tired and pirdictable but youll never know with wwe
    the rest are good filler matches

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

a-hole

i would have to disagree about the HH V Goldberg result as there is no way that WWE would have paid Goldberg the money they have and booked him in for tours after the paper view if he is putting up his career if he looses

Also there is rumors of HH going face and i cant see this happening while he holds the belt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by xzodia
    a-hole

i would have to disagree about the HH V Goldberg result as there is no way that WWE would have paid Goldberg the money they have and booked him in for tours after the paper view if he is putting up his career if he looses

Also there is rumors of HH going face and i cant see this happening while he holds the belt

I have to agree with this disagreement. Goldberg is already pencilled in to get the belt as it is anyway. So for WWE to pull a swerve like that would make no sense. They didn't do it in the late 90's with Russo writing, I can't see them doing it now.

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Well,appareantly HHH is signed up for the new Blade movie(Deadly!!!) which he will probably film while recovering from groin injury. So take that for what its worth.

Originally posted by Cianan2
    Well,appareantly HHH is signed up for the new Blade movie(Deadly!!!) which he will probably film while recovering from groin injury. So take that for what its worth.

The drawback is that Wesley Snipes won't be in Blade 4, due to HHH refusing to job to him!!!! ;)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I have one question about the annoucers fight...

Who is going to commentate on it?

I hope its not Bishoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Rumour is that Austin and Bishoff will commentate, Vince shot down any chance of the Smackdown announcers doing it so their choices are limited.
    Not that it matters much, hopefully this painful episode will be short.

Christ, I hadn't thought about that!
    We need HHH and HBK doing commentary for this, their DX stuff was hilarious! ;)

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

HHH v Goldberg :this is gona be terrible

announcer thing : another poorly thought out idea by the writers

shane V Kane : this could be good although i think its likely for kane to win.

IC match : it wont be a thriller but probably will be decent

tables match : looks a bad match on paper and will be on the night too

steiner V tes : this storyline has overstayed its welcome

womans match : some poor quality wrestling it'll be over in 5 minutes

Orton V HBK : this will be a good match if michaels injury isnt too severe.
    all in all a bad PPV .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

If the Shane O' Mac last man standing match is anything like the one he had against the Big Show about 2 years ago, it should be a laugh. That was the one where Shane dived about 30 or 40 feet from the rigging down onto (and missing) the Big Show.
    But I'll go with Nero on the best match - HBK vs Randy Orton. Should be good, as long as someone like Batista or Flair doens't run in and interfere.

Oh you "smarks", you are so witty and funny with the jokes and everything, ya?

"Big Ears", if you don't like the matches, then dont watch it.

ANYWHO:

*The RVD/Christian/Jericho match is going to be GREAT. Probably the 2 greatest undercard wrestlers of all time in a match with Christian!

*The Goldberg/HHH match if done right could turn out to be a great match, however I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE WUSSED OUT AGAIN and pulled off some stupid bs ending where Goldberg somehow manages to get the belt all while making HHH look great.

*Shane/Kane will probably suck however. I have never really been a fan of kane, UNTIL his recent character makeover - however it took the WWE all of 2 weeks to make him look like *just another* wrestler and the sad thing here is that he mightn't even win :rolleyes:

*Announcer match started off great, with the Coach coming out with a believeable real life character who had a reason to act like he did, as opposed to WWE's whole GOOD GUY VS BAD GUY thinking that's been running rampant lately. Of coarse the WWE once again turned this GOLD into a pile of shíte when they simply wussed out and decided that coach turned because HES A BAD GUY - and from watching the WWE lately we all know why everybody does what they do - BECAUSE THEY'RE EITHER EVIL OR GOOD...Interesting theory, but I'm not 6 years old any more :rolleyes:

*The tables match will be good for 1 or 2 bumps, and that's about it. I have never liked the Frenchies characters because they are based on FAD. Once fad goes away, so does anything even slightly interesting about the characters. Still though, we do have the posibility of witnessing somebody getting injured, and I wouldn't miss any of these guys...

*I will probably enjoy the Steiner Vs Test match for the main reason that I have always had a soft spot for Steiner, and I have actually enjoyed Test's work lately. That is to say I rarely get to see him on the Raw broadcast due to it clashing with my Firday night beerathons, but I must say he has improved a million times from what he was at this time 2 years ago. It's a match that actually means something, and at this stage in the WWE, it's a rare occurance.

*Womens match - I dislike watching women act like men and beat each other up in the lamest most gay way possible. The end.

*Ortan Vs Michaels is very interesting, due to the importance in the career of Ortan this match has. It's one of those matches all young stars face which can be labeled "make or break", however once again - this means very little in the grand scheme of things as you can be pushed to the moon one week only to be jobbing to Christian the next. But hey, thats life...

Originally posted by utility_
    Oh you "smarks", you are so witty and funny with the jokes and everything, ya?

I wouldn't call myself a Smart Mark, more of a fan for the last fifteen years who's getting bored of RAW churning out the same sh|t week after week.

*Announcer match started off great, with the Coach coming out with a believeable real life character who had a reason to act like he did, as opposed to WWE's whole GOOD GUY VS BAD GUY thinking that's been running rampant lately. Of coarse the WWE once again turned this GOLD into a pile of shíte when they simply wussed out and decided that coach turned because HES A BAD GUY - and from watching the WWE lately we all know why everybody does what they do - BECAUSE THEY'RE EITHER EVIL OR GOOD...Interesting theory, but I'm not 6 years old any more :rolleyes:

One of the most memorable examples is when Ross told McMahon that he'd be responsible for the return of Razor Ramon and Diesel. However the following week, they did return. But it was their characters played by Rick Bogner and Glenn Jacobs (now under the guise as Kane). Ross was hated by both fans and commentators, but the fact of the matter was he did what he said he'd do. But again, WWE screwed it up.

*The tables match will be good for 1 or 2 bumps, and that's about it. I have never liked the Frenchies characters because they are based on FAD. Once fad goes away, so does anything even slightly interesting about the characters. Still though, we do have the posibility of witnessing somebody getting injured, and I wouldn't miss any of these guys...

Provided the injured party does a Shawn Michaels painkiller overload before the match, otherwise it's gonna suck!

*I will probably enjoy the Steiner Vs Test match for the main reason that I have always had a soft spot for Steiner, and I have actually enjoyed Test's work lately. That is to say I rarely get to see him on the Raw broadcast due to it clashing with my Firday night beerathons, but I must say he has improved a million times from what he was at this time 2 years ago. It's a match that actually means something, and at this stage in the WWE, it's a rare occurance.

No offence utility, but lay off the crack, will ya? This feud has been going on for FAR too long, even longer than Angle/Lesnar (whos ironman match tore down the arena for Smackdown during the tapings, can't wait to see it at the weekend). This started just after Wrestlemania. Utility, how can you justify dragging out a storyline for nearly six months? I agree with Test improving, but it requires progression as well, and being constastly stuck midcarding with Steiner isn't gonna help either of them. Steiner was buiried at No Way Out, his only chance of a push is if he gets moved to Smackdown. I wouldn't mind seeing Steiner against Lesnar! :)

*Ortan Vs Michaels is very interesting, due to the importance in the career of Ortan this match has. It's one of those matches all young stars face which can be labeled "make or break", however once again - this means very little in the grand scheme of things as you can be pushed to the moon one week only to be jobbing to Christian the next. But hey, thats life...

Never heard of backstage Politics? For as long as Orton is buddies with HHH, the chances of him jobbing to the likes of Christian are slim and none, why do you think it's Michaels that's likely to put him over. Again, it's not about being a smark, it's just common sense considering we've seen this happen so many times in the past with different people.
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

utility why dont u calm down alli was doing was giving my opinion.
    u are the the 1 who said kane/shane would suck and and these is probably going to be 1 of the better matches.

Advertisement