Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEAM FORTRESS CLASSIC

Options
  • 19-05-1999 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

So who's played this?

You're all going on about tactics and tribes and all. I'd say now that this has to be the most tactical and FUN game I've ever played. It has a huge variety of gaming variations. CTF, PTF (j/k - pffffff).

It's absoloutely excellent anyway. I'm SURE it's better than Tribes. I'd like everyone to play it anyway. It's a huge add-on to Half-Life... root out the ould half-life and download it. It seems to have passed you all by unnoticed.

Opinions and criticism PLEASE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Polish

I've been playing it since it came out (ok ok a few days after smile.gif Yes it does rock and it has done its job and left me wanting tf2. TF was never big here in Ireland and i never heard anyone else talk about it so i thought no one had played it nice to see another tfc'er in the house smile.gif

ChRoMe

Ps being a sniper is sooooooo fun smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've not played it online - servers???

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Yep its meant to kick on a lan,

should be nice to see what TF2 is like..

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

played it on the net.

not bad, but im afraid it is not as good as it should have been. At the end of the day its nothing really that different is it.

Still tribes for me smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marboc

Tis the best

I play for hours online!
    hunted is one of the best maps( when you have more than 8 playin' )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah its fukkin ace really I have to say ! Its kinda like an enhanced action quake (which completely whoops q2 for fun ) and if more people played it wed soon see q3 go to the bins and hf rise to top where it should be ! Graphically it matches q3, playabiltiy wise it hammers it plus its more fun
    If only they didnt have that connecting server problem...ARSE

[This message has been edited by Mr_PeeWee (edited 31-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭MikeS

dunno if this will help or not but check it out http://www.won.net/

MikeS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

Pee WEE its quite funny that you say graphically its better than q2 when it uses the exact same graphics engine. You obviously know nothing but we knew that a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

urrrgggh....half life... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skulker

Yeah i think its great but the lack of strategy is crap. People feel free to choose there classes (Snipers, Spy) and piss up the game. Sitting in corners and poping some1 off in the distance.

It JUST turns into sniper warz. I have connect to the IGN server where this has been happening and dominated the match by changing class to a scout and capturing a few flag points without a bother.

Also the lack of built in communications in TFC is one of the main causes of this i think, i myself have created alias that combat this. HL doesn't use any variables
    (QUAKE2 "set" command). They would do justise for hl (message aliases etc).

NO strategy is really there we need some clans, leagues to play TFC to its full potential.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Polish

Pee WEE its quite funny that you say graphically its better than q2 when it uses the exact same graphics
    engine. You obviously know nothing but we knew that a long time ago

lol ah jm soz dude you dont read enough about the game. Peewee is on the ball with his comments.

1 Half-life belive it or not has actually more q1 code in it then q2.

2 Q2 uses 8 bit color Half-life uses 16

3Half life uses a skelton system for its animation to make models look nicer and animate more smoothly

There are also bundles more of features. Not exactly the _exact_ same huh? :p

ChRoMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

JM is wrong. Chrome is right.

Read all about it...

[This message has been edited by Vorosha (edited 31-05-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

See JM ! Chrome is correct as I was also in my comments ! See how petty you are just arguing me for the sake of it...SAD SAD SAD !
    Just because my comments hurt yer poor little feelings doesnt make them incorrect FOOL !
    oh yeah HALF LIFE RRRRRRRRRRRROCKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's interesting to see PeeWee trying to make us all forget that what he actuall said is that graphically it matches Q3, not Q2...

Of course it looks better than Q2. It's a much more recent game. As for Q3... claiming that the HL engine looks better than that is definitely misinformed... Do remember that most people have yet to see Q3 in proper 32-bit colour, and, as usual, that id have created a great graphics engine and attached a ****-looking game to it. Comparing HL and Q3 graphically is just silly.

Oh yeah, and I think in ways it's quite a compliment to JM that you take such pleasure in finding him wrong over a point like this. Clearly, you don't have oppertunity to find him wrong very often...

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Damn right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Surely it's a matter of **** OPINION if it looks as good as Q3.

It isn't a matter of **** OPINION if it looks better than Q2 tho. It does.

ahahah TAKE EET! TAKE EET!

i'm just **** pulling your leg. course you can't see it can you? ARE YOU ANGRY?!?! LOOK AT ME!!?!? ARE YOU ANGRY?!?! then i've won. don't let me draw you in.

Advertisement