Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where does the time go........ ?

Options
  • 17-09-2003 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I'm currently converting all our camcorder footage to DVD so by default I'm watching all 12 * 8mm tapes of my son & family at Christmas/birthdays/Disneyland ect ect....

He was born only a few months ago (or so it feels) and all of sudden his is starting school !! He is 4 years of age and I really wonder where the time has gone? Alany's post made me think back to Daragh's birth and it seems like yesterday. Enjoy em when they are babies folks..... It doesn't last long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

You know everyone tells me that.."enjoy these moments" and so on. And to be honest I really do. we are having a blast ( if not a sleepless blast) still I would say in 4 years so I will look back and miss these times...guess that the thing about the good times you will miss them no matter weather you feel you got the most out of them or not ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

No it doesn't.

My guy is 11 and he's already almost as tall as my wife. He tells me I have to stay out of his relationships with his friends and won't change his trousers if I'm looking ... :rolleyes:. Where has the time gone ?

It emphasises why it is so important for parents to enjoy those few years when their kids are kids. To enjoy every day. Especially fathers like us.
    I depair at those parents who do nothing but complain about their kids, their lack of sleep, their lack of freedom etc etc. I see so many of them and feel sorry for them because I know how many of them will start complaining about missing them in a few years and they have a long long life without them ahead of them.

I only have a handful of years left until he will prefer to be out with his friends in the evening as well as the day. When will I see him ? Then he might go to college... of course there's the girlfriends.. then ..

I'm damned if I'm going to moan about any aspect of having him here at home. I don't care about those lost hours of sleep, I can sleep forever when he's no longer here. I'm not going to moan about his arguing and struggling with me and my rules, I'll have plenty of quiet years after he's gone.

Enjoy every minute, the good and the not so good.

Advertisement