Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cw888 Year 2

• 17-09-2003 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what we do in the following subjects in year 2 as my class hasnt got a clue. which ones to look out for

Maths- Ray jordan
    multimedia- Padraig loughlain + Aine Byrne
    networking2- Eddie hickey
    Training and Support- Padraig Loughlain

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

maths and networking 2 are the harder of the four.
    padraig explains everything and usually all his notes are available online. you will prob have aine for the pratical end which is all web pages and the like.
    Traning and support, drink lots of coffe before going to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

cheers wish me luck

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭lulu

I did yr2 of cw888 and one thing i found is that the yr just flew by much faster than the 1st yr.

As regards the subjects,

Maths- We had maggie power and aldo she can be a demon from hell she was an excellent lecturer. It is mostly leaving cert maths with some other bits through in ie Matrics, not to bad if you have a good grasp of maths in the first place. (If not your shagged even do im living proof that even the hopeless have hope)

multimedia- We had Padraig loughlain as well, he was good at explaining new technologies but if you just spend some time reading the likes of a few of the pc mags you will stay a few steps ahead as regards the new and upcoming stuff.

networking2- Had Martin Grogan for this and was just a carry on from the first year apart from learning a few algorithms for routing.

Training and Support- Same as u, we had Padraig Loughlain, remember personal development in 1st yr, i will say nomore!!!! rather than just follow TomToms advice and drink loads of coffee before entering :D

Best of luck if u need any help just give me a shout, i cant say i will know all the answers but as the man says i might know a man who can.

p.s. did many of yr class get placement:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

most of us didnt want to do our work placement during the summer as we wanted to get the course over and done with so when we start our workplacement in Janurary, we hope if we are any good that they might hold on to us and we will have a job.

they keep trying to send us out on workplacement, they wanted us to go to Aib and Wyth and some shoe polish factory in cork but as we only have till xmas to finish is just better to get it out of the way.

some have gone to the law society, and some companies up in dublin and one has gone to Carlow county council, that would be a handy number.

where did ye go? most of them involve travelling which is a pain if you are already working another job and you want to keep it for 3 year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by lulu
    We had maggie power and aldo she can be a demon from hell she was an excellent lecturer.

She's only nice to girls.
    If she comes back to our class, I'll start a petition to get her sacked.
    And she's a crap lecturer. I've had her enuf times to know how crap :mad:

Advertisement