Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] Mussolini wasn't that bad, says Berlusconi

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭bloggs

Originally posted by Turnip
    Ok, since this is getting boring, I give in. Fascism is excellent. Berlusconi is absolutely right about Mussolini. How's that?

hmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

...I went doooown doooown dooooownn and the flaaaaaames went higher!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Yet another thread turns into a flamewar courtesy of the animosity between Turnip and The Corinthian.

Here is a suggestion. Instead of taking issue with somebody personally, why not try to instead debunk their assertions with logic, if you feel that those assertions are flawed. I think people need to remember that this forum is not about having arguments. It is about informed debate, with an open mind and a respect to alternative viewpoints (unless you find those viewpoints offensive).

Turnip, I don't blame you for your dislike of Fascism as an ideology, but to dismiss Mussolini as a diminuitive fascist is to ignore that some people look up to him for the laudable ideals of strong leadership and decisive action, something which may have been subsequently lacking in Italian politics, given that governments do not appear to have historically long track records after WWII.

Despite this, you've decided that your opinion must be right, and everyone else is "wrong". Although this is your priviledge, you have done this with remarkable condescension towards other posters, who have subsequently retaliated against this kind of posting. I don't care what peoples views are, showing this kind of patronising behaviour simply isn't on.

Secondly, despite numerous warnings about your behaviour to The Corinthian, you continually attack him. The fact that you are not naming him directly does not wash in these cases. We all know the person to whom you are referring, and calling labelling someone an "upper class twit apologist for fascism" given your views on this board, can only be directed to that one person . In the past, bonkey and/or gandalf have given you these warnings. Now, I am banning you, for a one week period.

When and if you decide to post again, I want you to take these points on boards. I am not trying to change your views, but you will post in a civil manner, or not at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement