Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QuakeWorld on the LAN

Options
  • 17-09-2003 1:30pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads.

My company's moving to a new office soon enough and the powers that be are more than likely going to allow us some lunch-time fun and games. I've suggested the beautiful game (QuakeWorld) because it'll run on pretty much anything we have that we call a computer and it's nice and small and handy to install.

I'm rattling my brains trying to remember what I need to set up a QuakeWorld server and also what's needed to run a client on that same machine (Priority isn't it?). Also, what's the latest version of the QW Client? I'll probably want Kombat Teams on there too or maybe Clan Arena.

So, what files and where? I assume quake.ie's got most of what I'm after, yeah?

Cheers lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Prioroty was only for 95/98 machines.

QWSRV.exe was yer man.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

http://ktpro.does.it/

For ktpro, it has a server exe in it which records multipov demos
    eg: your playing a 2v2 it will record a demo from everyones pov and you when watching the demo you can switch to whoevers pov you want to watch. You can turn it off if you have ****ty computers and dont want server writing to hardisk.

Lots of new stuff in this from old kteams like new gametypes like midair (where you play custom maps and you only score by gettin the person with midair rockets, the higher up you get the midair the more points you get)

www.fuhquake.net

Latest client with everything imaginable that youd want (if else statements in config) You can have it looking all brown if you have crap computers or better than q3 if you have an anyway decent computer (24bit textures, particle explosions blah blah blah)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Tasty. Very tasty.

Thanking you gentlemen, much appreciated.

Advertisement