Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sincere apology

Options
  • 29-05-1999 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Recently I said I was leaving quake. I dunno if its true or not yet but anyways I really really want to make my most sincere apology to EVERYBODY in the quake community, but most of all, Devore, Vexorg and Slosh. I think there are a few more who I got into trouble with, but I really never realised the severity of my actions, it was fun at the time. I can't, express how sorry I am, I just want to get to the next lan and have a chat with them and sort it in person, because I only now realise the absolute crazyness of my stupid stupid silly child's play abuse. It will never happen again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why don't we believe you?

I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm waiting for the punchline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Did ure mommy write that for u luv?

All I can really say is that personally I am sick to death of you abusing me and then apologising to me later. I'm so tired of you grovelling when you realise that in fact you have done wrong...or maybe you don't realise this and only beg and whinge to get back into #quake.ie.

What is so wrong with you that you are incapable of realising when you are stepping over the mark?

I know at this stage that permanently banning you is a joke...you'll be nice for a while and you'll be let back in....but i'm saying this now...I never want to have anything to do with you...online or off.

So stop trying to talk to me...i've heard it all before from you...it's getting old.

[This message has been edited by Toulouse (edited 29-05-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Da

Toulouse, I do not care what you think, you have given me as much abuse as I gave you.
    I am concerned with Cloud and all the other patrons who have been so unbelievably patient to put up with my childish bickering and abuse. I promise you people, if you let me stay around, I will help around more, Play better quake and bring on some players, smile.gif, I swear you won't be sorry if you let me stick around.
    daa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Not sure how other people feel,

But from my perspective - If i ever see u in a channel or server that i have ops in, I will kick you without warning.

Never ever ever expect anything different.

Leave and be gone.

Suds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 number1

Ohhhhh GIVE IT TO ME DAVEEEEEEEEEEY {!}

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

pffffffffffffff

3=O]

those f|_|cking beans again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

dave your sorry but your always the same smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i shall believe it when i see it.

"The Electric Mayhem: Unplugged & Asleep"
    www.planet-tribes.com/em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

how do ye do that message at the end hecate
    oh ye i've ad a few and its 5 in the mornin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

daa i gotta say THIS, if i ever meet you at a lan party i will go straight up to you and be glad of your presence, hope yo meet you soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

if he doesnt act the prick, maybe we should give him another chance wha.

nicky will surprise him at the next lan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Nicky, i say THIS, to YOU, if i EVER see you at a lan party......YOUD BETTER HIDE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maybe you've finally leant something from all this Dave - act the b0llix and you'll be treated like one. If this really is a genuine appology, well.....

We'll see what happens eh?

Can a leopard change spots?

Stay tuned... same Da time... same Da channel...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Marboc

Go away daa u ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Give him one more chance hes changed really,
    And if he blows his chance leave him baned then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Is this where I come to get the women and the drugs?

Kegs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

yeah chaos has a point - daa'd be walkin on thin ice tho - if he reoffends he should be fukd off 4 ever, but if hes ok he should be left this once maybe

pat

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Im sooo tempted to tell u all why this apology was posted, but at the moment can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Riker

Fvck off Daa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I get the feeling that some people want to give Daaa another chance... and if he messes up this time hes out.... well

This apology of his, is just like his post that hes is leaving quake, having his isdn line taken out etc, just another little lie that isnt going to hurt anyone and will maybe get him some sympathy.... I really have no idea whats going on in his head.

Do you have any idea how many chances this chancer has got already?...

I realise that some people think that its a bit over the top to ban him but this guy has been K-lined more times than anyone I know... and a K-line is not something thats applied without reason, he is on a permanent g-line in #quake.ie and I know for a fact that the ops in #quake.uk are out for his blood.

He has caused so much trouble over the last 12 months ... maybe longer and has been gotten reprieves thats he makes a complete mockery of anyone that stands up for him. This ban is not a case of people having it in for some 14 year old kid, its just that he has caused so much trouble and has gotten on so many peoples nerves that the complaints about him got to a ridiculous level.

His modus operandi to date is create havoc, insult all around him when he thinks there are no ops around, he gets banned or klined, changes his nick pretends hes a good boy again gets back in and does the same thing all over again only he gets worse. He sucks up to all the ops privates everyone around him with "will you help me", but doesnt change. In fact how many of you have had a pleading earful from him. He has done the same thing to me on at least 20 seperate occasions probably more, I have honestly lost count. I've helped him out, even tried to talk some sence into him over the last year, but now I'm so tired of the way he tries to use me and anyone else that will listen to him that I've no respect for him, and simply dont believe a word he says.

The only way to keep the peace at this stage is to keep him out of #quake.ie and off the quake servers, even so there are still complaints about him, what do you do?

Anyway we probably wont have to worry about him too much longer, its very probable that he will get a sharp shock over the coming months, he will be out of school for the summer and looking to play quake, hes not going to change and will just dig a deeper hole for himself over the summer and provide enough "evidence" to get him off the air for good.

Its a pity that such a good player can be so ignorant but c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What Vexorg said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

How many last chances will ya give this muppet?

Are ya all a bit slow or something?
    Mental Lapse perhaps?

Jaysus like if all wifes were as forgiving there would be no divorces.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm with Vexorg on this. Anytime I see Daa on the servers trouble normally follows. I've met him once or twice and in person he is very quiet but when he gets behind his Monitor he puts his brain into Neutral and starts to spout shite, insult people etc. He's had enough chances in my opinion and should stay banned unless he becomes a monk or something.

Gandalf.

I'm afraid his "last chance" expired a long time ago, we've been through this on the operators mailing list. MP told him all this and he still went and insulted us all again on #quake.ie and then the people on #quake.uk.

Two words.

Too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

BTW I'd advise all admins to apply this ban to all servers, QW, Q3, etc.

I've started kicking him from Q3 servers on sight, even though he still comes on and abuses other players, this extract is from over the weekend on q3test1:

Daa: undertow
    Daa: U suck
    Daa: not my fault
    Daa: and i only got the quad once
    Daa: so **** you
    Daa: keep on training
    Daa: u twat

The new improved Daa, even more annoying than before frown.gif

J.
    --

Fukk it ! Just get rid of the little sh!t and then ye lot can stop confusin me with that waste of space !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I have only one contribution to make to this thread. (well, one set...)

1. It is a pity when anyone wastes so many chances that people literally cannot bring themselves to give another. It is a pity, but without standing ground (ie. saying 'you're banned' should mean you are banned.) the whole opps system becomes a joke.

2. Daa has pissed me off severely in the past, destroying what , up til he opened his mouth, were good games. Having said that though, when he behaves himself he's alright and can be almost decent. You can almost forget that he's a kid.

3. Is peewee just going to replace Daa (I really don't care seeing as I don't play any of the same games as him).. sorta Daa 10% extra. If he is, should he not just be banned now? Y'know, prevention better than cure and all that.

4. Slosh, it's unfair to hint at something behind his apology and not support your claim. Feck it, let him apologise, it is obvious so far that not everyone believes him anyway.

well, that's that. Cya Daa (or rather, won't be seeing you Daa). Hopefully in the future you'll grow out of 'asshole mode' completely and actually be fun to be on the same server as smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Anytime I've seen Da on IRC or on a server, he has acted the complete little bollocks. He's had more chances than anyone deserves...and wasted every single one of them.

Go and never darken an Irish server again.

Draco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ooooh, you're in a good mood Draco!

smile.gif

G'luck tomorrow! Roost around 7?

Advertisement