Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undo System Restore on XP?

Options
  • 17-09-2003 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

A friends child managed to random his way into system restore and restore the system to the earliest possible state. His username is now gone and the only login which appears is Administrator and he has no clue of the password for it.

It looks like he needs to use the recovery console to replace the system restore files with the new version? Or is there an easier way to achieve this?

Anyone have any ideas on the easiest way to restore the machine? If all else fails, I will just wipe it and reinstall it for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

I think when you're going back to a previous restore point it creates a restore point before you do so... if that's right all you need to do is log into WinXP as administrator and go back to where it was :)

Oh, you might need something like: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ to get into the XP install.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

I will give that recovery program a whirl, cheers.

Advertisement