Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drinkfeckgirls.com Website - Tracking Alcohol Prices

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

thanks - yes i agree ten times is good research
    I shall be resrearching myself this weekend - i have responsibilities to find the prices and damn i'll die trying

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Great site idea + good luck with it.

I think that there would also be scope later on for a WAP version so that people could use their 2.5/3g mobiles to see where to go while out and about (in town anyway).
    If you get it running right, you could investigate selling a WAP site service to a vodaphone / o2 as a going service that they can portal and charge on the call for. this would equal a nice kickback (hopefully :)) for you.

anyway, cracking idea. well done !

Thanks fo everyone for all the submissions - we are going to be putting stats up soon :)

Anyone who was charged a high entry and a hight price for drink in clubs over the christmas please submit to the site - we are investigating a number of clubs for ripping punters off at the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭Genghis

Originally posted by bambam
    Really like the look of the site. Have you thought about adding a (rough) time to the price of a drink - seeing how, many pubs hike the prices after 12

Great site, looks really good and has great information. In relation to this suggestion, I would argue that you do not need it - there is only one price you should publicise for any establishment, and that is their most expensive!! That way the site does need to become overly complex - 95% of pubs have standard pricing, why change the model to suit the 5% that really go to town with their prices! And besides, if I know a place that charges €6.50 for a pint even if it is after a certain time, then I don't really want to be buying beer off them at any time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

what about putting an asterix (*) beside the pubs that are known to increase their prices after 11??? No need to go into details of how much they increase, just let people know that they are thieves!

• Advertisement

Sorry all this has been down for a few weeks - been researching prices ;)
    I hope to got many more submissions for 2004 so i can pit some stats together - comparing 2003 and 2004 figures

Please start submitting

Cheers

DFG

Finally DrinkfeckGirls V2 is here
    I launched the new version today. it includes the following improvements:

- 6 Northern Counties ( Welcome northern Folk!)
    - Search for your local
    - All Ireland List
    - New Submit screen
    - Immediate displaying of your price
    - Sortable data by column name

Thanks for your input so far - there have been over 75'000 Hits since last september's launch.

Hopefully there will be no hitches with the new site but bear with me if there is!!

I hope to promote it more this year in order to make some noise about the price we are charged i pubs.

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments to the site.

http://www.drinkfeckgirls.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Looking good:D fair play.

Any plans to make the all Ireland list sortable by column?

Cheers!

Yeah i'm gona add this in next week
    few more features in the bag too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by egan007
    Finally DrinkfeckGirls V2 is here
    I launched the new version today. it includes the following improvements:

- 6 Northern Counties ( Welcome northern Folk!)

good stuff - ill get the lads on to it :)

• Advertisement

Hi
    I'm looking for a volunteer!
    I have this website www.drinkfeckgirls.com but i really don't have the time anymore to keep it up to date.
    I'm looking for someone that would be interested in keeping it up to date. This would probably suit a student that is interested in web design or that wants to get involved in web design.
    It will require someone with good level of competency as it uses perl cgi backend.
    What do you get out of it?
    -Your name in lights!!!
    -A live environment for you to develop your skills.
    -You can have an artistic licence with this one- express yourself!
    -An audience

What's to do?
    Mainly a clean up / refresh- you can decide to arrange the data differently / present it differently - add/remove features - add new areas - one possibility is a pub rating system - Smoking facilities etc.....

If you are interested post a reply

Cheers!

Advertisement