Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDRAM help needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bowside

The differences between PC600, 700 ad 800 is only how the fast motherboard runs the ram. It's live when you stick PC133 into a PC100 motherboard, the PC133 will run, just slower then it was rated to.

If you stick PC800 into your motherboard, it'll run at either PC600 or 700.

But your system cannot make use of all the bandwidth your ram provides. Look into selling your current CPU and mobo, then buy a cheap 2.0GHz Celeron and a cheap RDRAM mobo to go with it, shouldn't cost more then €100 when you subtract the money you got form selling your current CPU/mobo. This will allow you to take full advantage of the ram and cpu and your system will fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Actually I've done more checking, and most places say that PC800 is only suitable for Pentium 4 MoBos, and mine aint that.

Looks like I'm gonna have to find someone who sells PC700 gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by bowside
    The differences between PC600, 700 ad 800 is only how the fast motherboard runs the ram. It's live when you stick PC133 into a PC100 motherboard, the PC133 will run, just slower then it was rated to.

I've seen at least one case where a PC800 RIMM was not accepted by a motherboard in place of a PC600 RIMM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by bowside

ive seen many cas's where the above is not true more with the pc 133 - 100 o wouldnt count of it working in 80% of motherboards

Advertisement