Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super-cheapo speakers in Argos

Options
  • 17-09-2003 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

Hi people, I see Argos have reduced their Acoustic Solutions bookshelf speakers from €50 to €33 in the latest catalogue. Does anyone have any experience of these or ideas as to how they might perform? And before anyone explodes, they are for a second room system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Eek! Awful is the answer. I hope their 16-day money back thing works OK.

I guess I'm looking for something like my Wharfedale Diamond Pros, bought for £50 from Richer Sounds when they were still solvent in Ireland. Any ideas?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Try the Wharfedale Valdus 100 - i got a pair of them in Peat's Electronics for 80 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Thanks for that suggestion. I'm thinking as an alternative buying these Eltax HT2 bipolar surrounds from Richer Sounds (€80) and using the Wharfedales I already have (which are currently doing duty as surrounds in my main system).

Opinions anyone?

Advertisement