Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front page suggestions

Options
  • 17-09-2003 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Nice one for putting those spangly things on the front page. It makes it easy for us that have no drop down menus.
    2 things though...

Can you add a search link to it.
    Can you add a link to the subscriber sign up to it.

The search link has been mentioned loads of times and the subscriber signup link doesn't seem to be anywhere on boards except random threads. It would make it easy for answers to questions like this.

Or feel free to spam this thread with jibbering muppetry.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I like cats gordon.

But I do think that is a good idea. As for one I asked that same question to where the subscribers page is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

How about something like this? It'd reduce the lenght of the page by about half and mean you could click on pretty much everything without scrolling. Sorry about the picture quality but I had to compress it to get it to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just want something that can be displayed with a lot less than 200kb of data required!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

oooh themed front pages...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i'm interested in signing up for the membership thingy but i don't know where?

if it was on the front page you might be laughing to the bank with my 50 euros

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The new front page has been designed with three things in ,mind.

1. drastic reduction in size. almost everything is text and block colours though figgy has used those to great effect.

2. no scrolling and considerably more powerful access to filtering information so that you cut out what *you* consider noise and get to the signal faster.

3. better links to stuff like the subscriber signup and the search and what have you.

Its still under review but should be finished and coded soon.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fair play dev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Originally posted by DeVore
    The new front page has been designed with three things in ,mind.

1. drastic reduction in size. almost everything is text and block colours though figgy has used those to great effect.

2. no scrolling and considerably more powerful access to filtering information so that you cut out what *you* consider noise and get to the signal faster.

3. better links to stuff like the subscriber signup and the search and what have you.

Its still under review but should be finished and coded soon.

DeV.

Sounds a lot like the current user cp page which is kinda cool since thats usually the first place I go to to check up on subscribed threads etc. What I was playing around with was just altering the current design but I think a completely fresh lick of paint is a far better solution,
    Any ideas on when this new front page will be up and when we can have a sneak preview of it? :D

Advertisement