Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sb live

Options
  • 31-05-1999 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

havin probs with a new sb live
    sorry to intrude on quake board, but if anyone has had probs or knows any fixes can they post to the tech support board?
    cheers
    whitewash

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not a good sales pitch Eamon wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

nah, its just my inability to get the fucker working.
    sure i cant even get me old card workin now.
    at least i have me modem back!
    just no sound sad.gif

which reminds me. it came with unreal and i cant get that fucker runnin either sad.gif

im just havin one of those really **** days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

Howya
    i got one a few months back
    the main thing is it takes a lot of fiddling
    Taking out card uninstalling drivers
    reinserting card reinstalling drivers
    But there is a whole new package of Drivers Called Liveware 2.0 Availible from www.sblive.com
    Does the job
    took me a day to get the thing working but after that it rocks
    keep at it billy bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RookieWan

I got myself an SB live as replacement of my old SB16, and after uninstalling the SB16 drivers, inserting the SB live and installing the SB live drivers it worked within 5 mins (it took me 30 mins more to get the speakers etc. unpacked out of plastic and cardboard though... not to mention trying to force one my our cats away from the wires it was chewing on...). Thing is did you uninstall the old soundcard drivers be4 installing the new ones? Which OS are you using? And are the interupts the Sb live use free? My Sb live took 2 interupts, ie. 5 of my old SB16 and 11 of my vid card, but both vid card and SB live seem to work together though. In Win 98 (my OS atm) this works without any problems. I'm running a K6-2 300 MHz on an Epox VIA MVP mainboard, and Win 98 as OS.

Edwin.
    btw. I'll prolly cya tonite on IRC anyway, maybe we can chat about your SB live troubles.

btw. HIV lost against DF last night :-))) (I know this has nothing to do with SB live, but I thought it might be worth mentioning ;-) )

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Are you back calling yourself RW again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement