Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to quiten a PSU?

Options
  • 17-09-2003 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Ok I got a dual fan PSU (Qtec) Its fooking loud.

How do i quiten the bugger??
    i.e. replace the fans in the PSU??
    Or do i get those anti-vibration layers???
    Or get one of those boxes that fit around the power supply?

Its in a Chietec Full Tower as well.

Any Input will be much welcomed!!
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Originally posted by jonhate
    Ok I got a dual fan PSU (Qtec) Its fooking loud.

How do i quiten the bugger??

Am in the same boat as you. :(
    Replaced the Qtec "pink" 80mm fans with what I considered to be quiet Evercools but if anything the noise if even worse. Am considering putting on a single 26dBa 120mm fan with some ducting to shut the búgger up. May even run it at 7 volts as I think the airflow will be sufficient.
    Already use a 120mm Pabst as a case fan, replacing 4 80mm fans, this very much helped reduce other noise.
    /MK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Lol, iv got a Qtec 450W duel fan psu aswell,i replaced the two pink fans like MadKevo and replaced them with a antec 80mm blue led fan at the back and a red led 80mm fan on the bottom and iv got them hooked up to a fan controller at the front of the pc.they give off a nice purple glow,but you could buy a zalman multi connector ( E8 in peats ) that will let you run four fans off one molex connector ( 2 at 5V and 2 at 12V ) http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/zm-muliconnector1.htm and connect them up to that.

or just buy some of the silent 80mm sharkoon fans from hitide.ie

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

Thanks for the info!

Advertisement