Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haloween & Fireworks

• 17-09-2003 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭

*Sigh*
    Its that time of year again, already sounding like Apocalypse Now outside my house :(

Just a reminder, keep all outdoor animals like cats an dogs inside for the next while if you dont wanna risk some sick B)(*&^D hurting them with one of these explosives.
    Check under all bonfires you make for hedghogs etc.

And PLZ, if you can, phone the DSPCA or another such organisation and offer your help if needed over haloween.

B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Already?! :eek: That's one thing I really don't miss about Dublin.

We have our bonfires in June here in the west and only the odd few fireworks at New Years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

I saw about 8 dogs lying dead on the side of the road through Ashbourne last year, including 1 very large Irish Wolfhound.
    As a dog lover this was a disturbing site!
    It is a very busy road but fireworks seem to startle dogs especially and they get disorientated and just seem to run, even on to busy roads which they normally avoid.
    It may seem like common sense but you really should take extra care for the next month or so.
    Good advice Dawntreader :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Last halloween my friend's dog was prescribed vallum by the vet, pretty hyper dog to begin with tho, my dog wasn't too bad but on halloween got really scared, a small amount of whiskey mixed with water helped immensely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Never ever ever give alchohol to any animal, specially a dog! :rolleyes:

Just one drink, can cause them serious liver and kidney damage and knock years off their life spans!

Vet prescribed meds are a different story, they are made specifically with the animals anatomy taken into consideration. Animal valium tablets, are NOT the same as human, and that goes for all meds. Would YOU take a pill meant for a dog? No? Why?.....Because you KNOW its stupid!!

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

As a dog lover this was a disturbing site!

What's the url?

• Advertisement

Was that supposed to be ****ing funny!
    ok grammatical error! i meant "sight" not "site"
    Can the Mods do something about this tool?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Heresy

Only kidding man. jeez, chill out!

Sorry got a bit worked up.
    but your comment was pretty tasteless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Seeing as he was only messing I'll let this fly.

We'll have none of that again though. Cruelty to animals makes baby jesus cry.

Advertisement