Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF?? 2.4P4 slower than Athlon XP 2000!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Hoho! I can't even watch that eye candy! :rolleyes:

/me waits for HL2 n 9800 :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Mmmm, hl2. Hopefully the new Rel 50 drivers might do something for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Benchies are one thing. In game FPS are another. Often they give very different scores. So don't go by benchies alone.

But benchies are cool for pushing your machine to the max and for gloating rights. Unlike someone I know who doesn't like benchmarks cos "they're not real" or graphical demos because "they're not the game".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I suppose if you get your kicks from doing benchies thats fair enough....

• Advertisement

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    I suppose if you get your kicks from doing benchies thats fair enough....

Yes, yes I do.

WTF?!?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

dude, that score is pretty low for your setup.

i'm not sure if it's the 5600 ultra, or there's other issues on your pc, but i'm getting 44086 in aquamark 3, and it's not top-of-the-range pc, just a decent setup: 2.6c with radeon 9700pro.

try checking the CPU clock with something like wcpuid or cpu-z.
    check the memory timings (cpu-z will give you those).
    try the latest drivers from nvidia.

if nothing else, dump your card and get a 9500 non-pro modded to 9800 for roughly the same price. if i knew of the mod at the time when i was buying mine i would have went for that.

Do you have hyper threading enabled on that chip? I only have a 2.4B. Although, my cpu score is being beaten by a P4 1.7Ghz. And I had to overclock to 2.7Ghz just to get that 21000!! Somethings not right...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Yeah p4 'c' chips have hyperthreading enabled. I've heard this benchmark likes plenty of bandwidth. And since netman has a 'c' chip defaults are 200Mhz fsb and he's probably pushed it a little further. Mine was at 185 fsb so that helped a little too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

it's hyperthreading enabled, and i have dual channel memory.

haven't really noticed any difference in games with HT enabled or disabled, but maybe aquamark gives you brownie points for turning it on :)

I think I've narrowed it down to the ram bottle-necking everything. Everything else is good components. I shall now officially start the "Buy Feylya 1 GIG of Decent RAM" charity :D

Just thought I'd let you know that the leaked Det 52.13 drivers give a decent increase. Just got 22,000 in Aquamark3 running @ 2.7 ghz.

Advertisement