Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modder please Advise

Options
  • 18-09-2003 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Hi fella's ive decided on the wc kit im going to buy, the radiator will be a dtek pro heatercore dimensions of which are

6"W x 7.25"H X 2"Thick

now im going to have the radiator external either mounted somewhere on my case or more preferably in a small rad box.

what id like to do is have the rad on its own in a small rad box with two 120 mm fans one on each side with just the barbs protuding pit the top. this could be done with or without shroubs attached to the rad
    shroud dimensions :

1 3/8" X 6" x 5 7/8"

this would make the rad 4.75" thick plus two 120mm fans which would be 38mm each giving a rough total of a rad box being:

18cm high 15cm wide and around 20cm deep

anyone any ideas how to make such a thing, design suggestions, materials, the easier the better really :) as im a bit cack handed

also if its easier without the extra size created by the shrouds im all ears :)

ps picture of rad with one shroud attached

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Can't help thinking it would be cheaper and quicker to just buy a faster CPU somehow.
    Or is this just a bandwagon thing ???

Tinky:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Originally posted by tinky
    Can't help thinking it would be cheaper and quicker to just buy a faster CPU somehow.
    Or is this just a bandwagon thing ???

Tinky:rolleyes:
    I guess you just don't "get it"
    Tweaking/Modding is a hobby and not something done out of the need for a faster computer.

You think it would be cheaper to get a faster cpu?
    I have a P4 2.4 running at 3Ghz stock cooling (I could get 3.2 easy with a Zalman cooler for €50).
    A 3.2 Ghz cpu is €757 :eek: That's more than I paid for my PC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I also have water cooling, innovatek XXS kit. My Xp2500+ is running at 2480mhz and very quietly i may add. An Xp3200+ @2.2ghz , is €390 . Overclocking is definetly a hobby , which will give you great performance for your buck.

Cyrus what sorta case do you have??
    I have a Sonata and roughly the same size radiator with 2 x 120mm fans mounted. I have it mounted inside the case where the 120mm fan is normally mounted (with a little adjusting to the PSU bracket ) with an adjuster in the PCI slot to adjust speeds.

Im thinking it would be a pretty easy task to mount it outside just over the printer port and under the PSU. This means no cutting of the case (which im guessing is the main reason for you wanting an external mounting box??) and reasonably easy installation.
    I will post pic's when i find my crappy camera.........

External fitting......... just a thought, if you have an old vcr around the cover from it has ideal material to make a bracket/box to attach to your pc and mount the radiator....... will take a good bit of modding but its risk free.

Advertisement