Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W2k Rights Management Update

Options
  • 18-09-2003 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

This was on the W2k Windows Update list this morning

Rights Management Client Update

I am inclined not to run this update, I can't see any upside in the install, but I can imagine potential downsides as in the policing of various copyright material that I may or may not choose to have on my hard drive.

Am I being over-paranoid, or am I missing out on the purpose of this update? Is there an upside that I am missing out on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I would tend to agree with you ... I do not think that installing software that is designed to stop you copying what you want on your own computer is a step in the right direction ....
    [rant]
    [big breath]
    stupid corrupt money grubbing american politicians obviously in the pockets of large corporations enacting idiotic laws that stop fair use by their own constituents and help no-one except the big music and movie publishing houses and then trying to
    [going a bit blue in the face]
    take everyone else in the world who circumvents these stupid pretections in their own countries to court in america and luckily enough not getting very far
    [purple face now, bulging eyes]
    and then taking a 12 year old girl to court for file swapping miserable fsckers that they are they should be taken out and shot with a ball of their own sh.it
    [/big breath]
    [/going a bit blue in the face]
    [/purple face now, bulging eyes]
    [/rant]

Advertisement