Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting arcticle on Infininium Labs (Phantom Console)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

It will certainly pack a powerfull punch, but if it ain't got the games...
    That's if it's real of coarse

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

To be honest I doubt it will offer much of a threat to MS, Sony or Nintendo...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i definitely wasn't going to buy one before but after reading that i'm definitely not going to get one now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I think it's obvious and always has been that this thing is vapourware and will never see the light of day. The guy is a chancer and is just trying to drum up a bit of venture capital to live the high life on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's a broken PC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    i definitely wasn't going to buy one before but after reading that i'm definitely not going to get one now:)

So not a thing has changed? :)

I’ve had the view of it been very dodgy for a long time…

However, on that article, a lot of people involved in business have past failures and have tried, tried and tried again. This is common. For start-ups to be based in people’s house is also very common and for games companies not to quickly give out information about new systems is also common.

The idea behind the “console” is a good idea for a real console with the right backing. It allows the console maker to a degree (or totally) by-pass retailers and distributors as well as the small cost of making and packing CDs. If done right it could also be good for anti-piracy reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well that console is impossible in ireland....

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    well that console is impossible in ireland....

Say why... oh please sir say why.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Take one look at the broadband forum on this site.

Look at the thread titles for the last 2 months.

That's the argument won right there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Take one look at the broadband forum on this site.

Look at the thread titles for the last 2 months.

That's the argument won right there :(

thank you

for added details

look at the dreamcasts online program took 6 months longer for it to start working over here and even then only on a 33.6k speed.

i have seen F*ck all of the ps2 or XBox online capabilities (in a positive light and i admit i kno little on xbox live)

thirdly our broadband system is so fecked up that some places have it some dont....that means when buying the console it will be

Salesperson: "Where do you live? here in dublin?

Customer: "Why no i come from way down in the south...

Salesperson: "OOooo Sorry the broadband system down that way is not effective enough to run the phantom. How about a Ps2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

There aren't any plans to release Phantom outside the USA.

That said, it now looks like there aren't any plans to release it anywhere at all, so that's hardly shocking.

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    thank you

for added details

look at the dreamcasts online program took 6 months longer for it to start working over here and even then only on a 33.6k speed.

i have seen F*ck all of the ps2 or XBox online capabilities (in a positive light and i admit i kno little on xbox live)

thirdly our broadband system is so fecked up that some places have it some dont....that means when buying the console it will be

Salesperson: "Where do you live? here in dublin?

Customer: "Why no i come from way down in the south...

Salesperson: "OOooo Sorry the broadband system down that way is not effective enough to run the phantom. How about a Ps2?

Wasn't disputing what you said, just didn't realise what you meant..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Even living in Dublin doesn't gaurantee broadband. I live in Dublin and it's not available were i live. I'm not too interested in the obline options of a console at the moment but I would like to be able to play online PC games at decent speeds and be given the chance to actually play FFXI

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Even living in Dublin doesn't gaurantee broadband.

What is "gaurantee broadband"? Is it some new type of broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

What is "gaurantee broadband"? Is it some new type of broadband?
    :rolleyes:

I dont see any advantages this console-PC hybrid over a Real PC, except maybe the Price, but we dont know what that will be yet.

Looks very bad.

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    :rolleyes:

I was only messing, just in case you were thinking other wise.

Advertisement