Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9700 All in Wonder - NTSC

Options
  • 18-09-2003 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Guys... I have a US 9700Pro All In Wonder. The TV tuner on it is NTSC. Can anyone think of a way I can use it with a PAL signal over here?

Can I mod it? Is there a software fix for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

u should speak to clansman he had the same prob with a 9800pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

have you tried changing the country and broadcast standard:

tv_channels_initialization2.gif

tv_setup_tv_tuner_channel_b.gif

you might need updated drivers or ati control panel if you don't have these options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

there's also a microsoft fix for a problem with ati tv tuners with directx 9.0b that might help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q825116

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

I have someone buying the card from me on monday. Netman, do you have a european 9700AIW? Wanna sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I doubt any software could fix this. This a hardware thing. The sound IF Filter crystal will be wrong, the Video IF curve will be wrong. The control panel shown above comes with all those cards but it's not intended to FIX the standards problem you have.

Put it on EBay and try recover your money.

Tinky

• Advertisement
Advertisement