Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Text Bundles

• 18-09-2003 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

In a phone call to O2 this morning I was told that because I am a heavy user of text messages I am limited to one text bundle per month-a paltry 200 msgs-How come when O2advertised this new service of theirs there was no mention of any cap or limit of such on use.I find this to be very poor customer relations from the otherwise excellent O2 Its a shame it couldnt have continued because it was a big credit saver!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 un.seen

Actually it is stated:

Found at:

http://www1.o2.ie/products_services/text_services/text_bundles/home
    Pay only 7.5c Text Messages when you buy them in bundles!
    How to pay only 7.5c for all your text messages?
    If you are an O2 customer, you can now buy blocks or bundles of text messages in bulk at low discount prices.

Same low rate of 7.5c regardless of who you are texting
    Generally, the cost of a text message is more expensive when the person you are texting is on a different mobile phone network to you. This is the case for all networks (O2, Vodafone & Meteor). However, if you buy your texts in bundles, you now only pay 7.5c regardless of who you are texting. The only exceptions are international texts, roaming and premium texts.

How many text messages can you buy?
    You can buy either 100 text messages a month for 7.50 eur or 200 messages a month for 15 eur.

Why buy 100 or 200 messages at one time?
    Any O2 customer that sends 3 or more text messages a day could save a lot of money if they buy the messages in bundles. At only 7.5c per text, you can save up to 30% on your normal text costs.

Are these available to both Pay Monthly customers and SpeakEasy customers?

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

get a contract and you can probably sign up for as many as you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i dont think anyone can get more than 200 texts a month. at the start, i mean the day it was launched, i could get as many as i wanted, i got 400 texts.

its a bit mean on o2's part as it lures people to o2 saying u have 7.5c msgs when really its a limited amount. still, 200 texts with vodafone (rtg) costs you 26euro, with o2 its 15euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

When you run out of texts, Turn off your bundle in *105#.
    then turn it back on.

Works for me :)
    (I use about 400 a month)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Originally posted by Igy
    When you run out of texts, Turn off your bundle in *105#.
    then turn it back on.

Works for me :)
    (I use about 400 a month)

That was always the case for me too, just cancelin and signing up for another bundle but since the beginning of this week if I put in *105# it comes up u can only get one bundle per month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

same here, 200 is max for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I stand corrected, it no longer works here either.
    And the texts are now 12c aren't they?

I think i'll need to switch to meteor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

You can reorder a text bundle every 3 days a woman in customer care let it slip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Originally posted by Igy
    I stand corrected, it no longer works here either.
    And the texts are now 12c aren't they?
    11c O2-O2, 13c O2 -Meteor/Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

you can reorder a bundle every three days but you can only buy them once a month. Trust me.

Emmo

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

My texts costs 11c for anywhere, meteor/vodafone, even to a UK phone. I'm with o2 by the way. Because I pay monthly?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

i was wondering about these, so you spend 7.50 on a 100 bundle, and do you HAVE to get another in the next month or can you just cancel it?
    and if you dont does it automatically re-order you one 30 days later?

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Well a friend of mine called Rachel told me that you can only buy one a month. If you subscribe to a reoccuring bundle then you will have 7.50 a month taken from your account and you will get 100 texts a month. I dont think there is a minimum commitment period but look here for answers

http://web.o2.ie/portal/products_services/text_services/text_bundles/

Its defo a bargain cause it works out at 7.5 cent a text. I think thats the lowest price of texts in Ireland.

Emmo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

is that inclusive of vat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

If it is a retail offer aimed at an ordinary customer, it has to be inclusive of VAT.

Advertisement