Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy van der Meyde`s Volley !!!

• 18-09-2003 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

That goal deserves a thread on its own.
    The sheer power that it went in with and the perfect technique to smack a ball on the volley.

For years as kids we would play heads and volleys and the ultimate goal was a smacking volley that imprinted onto the wall but really never happens in a match, last night was on of the 1st times i seen a player hit a ball so perfect.

Best goal i seen in years imo.
    Schoolboys should watch that and learn superb goal :D

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Didn't see the goal but Inters second goal was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Er. that's the goal he's on about.

It was a good volly and he caught it well but the keeper should have stopped it, it was at his near post and he reacted poorly.

I've seen better vollys then that it doesn't really deserve a thread on it's own;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Poo to you :)

It was perfect he will never hit a ball as clean as that in his life ,keeper wasnt poor it was a Ball and Man type show whereas both go in :)

No Keeper would have saved that maybe Dida who saved a similiar shot vs Ajax on tuesday but it wasnt hit as hard.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It was a savage strike of the ball. I think the keeper was partly at fault though. Overall the keeper was a bit questionable last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

player took the volly well The keeper should have saved it. Nothing special IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

if u think that was good what about nalis's against leeds that was some volley !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

It was a sweet strike by Van der Meyde but Lehman deffo should have saved it. He probably wasn't expecting it to be hit so well.

The sweetest volley ever (maybe) was Mendieta's vs Barcelona, when he played for Valencia. What a friggin belter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Methinks none of you play ball ,those shots never ever happen ever!!!

Oh well me liked it anyway for the sheer power and cleaness of the strike.

Btw Reuben Sosa scored imo best volley he was nearly off the ptich when he hit it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Methinks none of you play ball ,those shots never ever happen ever!!!
    WTF...if ye watch Spanish football, you'd see a handful of goals better than that one every week !!!
    Btw Reuben Sosa scored imo best volley he was nearly off the ptich when he hit it
    I remember that one, he was playing for Inter at the time, class volley/scissors kick.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Reuben Sosa... coolest name evur.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The Keeper should of saved that. I've had balls hit at me harder then that back when i was 10. Tony Yebohas for Leeds against Liverpool a few years back, now thats a volley

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Kdjac really lookin forward to seeing this goal!! If it is anything like Yeboahs or Sousas then it must be top drawer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

It was spectacular it was just bloody perfect technique! If the goalie was to save it he would have had his body behind it. You would have needed arms like tree trunks to stop it!

Advertisement