Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Forum [Linux Gaming]

Options
  • 18-09-2003 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I propose a linux gaming forum! It will be help for newbies who have trouble with setting up the games and whatnot. People will be able to discuss gaming on linux - or whatever. Boards.ie needs it! :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I think this would fall under the "linux" forum that already exist's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Is this not already covered by the Technology => Operating Systems => Unix forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Is this not already covered by the Technology => Operating Systems => Unix forum?

Not necessarily nope. People who have questions about installing/etc games in linux might be confused because it could be posted in the Games forum or the Unix forum.. but it doesn't really 100% belong in either.. Most gaming fans use windows though because it's clearly the better OS for gaming.. still could be an interesting forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

thanks repli :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I think the existing Unix forum would cover this well enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Repli
    Most gaming fans use windows though because it's clearly the better OS for gaming

A blatent troll if ever there was one.

AmigaOS ***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Back in

"the day"..

when men were men... women were women...
    the bandwidth was uncapped and you could find wanton interesting sex, on every street corner.

The Amiga was (the machine) for those who didn't have a spare 2 grand for a wintel.

All you kids should pay some sort of Amiga penance...
    preferably to me... in cash..

But not necessarily.

You find lots of people who used Amiga... are Linux heads.... it's just one of those things.

http://linuxgames.com/?dataloc=articles/hl2lament/

Slashdot had a rant on this recently...

Unfortunately when Loki went out of business lots of the Linux gaming stuff went south.
    Hopefully the upturn (tm) will fix that.

*sigh*.

Back to our regularly scheduled rants.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you are having trouble getting a game to run under Unix (Linux/BSD etc) then its a technical issue and belongs in the Unix forum. Once the game is running any problems should go to the Games forum. :)

Besides, how many different times can you talk about setting up Quake... cos shag all other games run on it :):)

(hey, could be worse, could be a Mac)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Alot more games run on it actually

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

DeVore hasn't learned anything technical since 1999, when he became a manager :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Typedef
    Back in

"the day"..

when men were men... women were women...
    the bandwidth was uncapped and you could find wanton interesting sex, on every street corner.

When exactly did you leave this paralell universe? Is there a way back in?

The Amiga was (the machine) for those who didn't have a spare 2 grand for a wintel.

Ah yes. While I am now a PC owner, deep in my dna I will always be an Amiga man. *sigh*

Advertisement