Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POP mail on Vodafone

• 18-09-2003 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to collect email from a pop server other than vodaphone's using a panasonic gd87...

Phone is touted as having email.. it's feck all use if I have to use vodaphone address..

lph

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

pop.vodafone.ie
    smtp.vodafone.i

username is your vodafone email address - xxxx@vodafone.ie
    password is the web sites password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Can I get POP mail from my own mail server though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

as far as i know it can handle two ways of connection (dial up or GPRS). if you are post-paid you could use the isp.vodafone.ie GPRS ISP connection, or you may also be able to configure a dial up connection to use instead (to use the Voda Mobile ISP - but not HSCSD speeds)

you'd enter your pop email server settings (although you may need to keep the smtp.vodafone.ie as the outgoing server - depending on how your email service is set-up)

hth,
    BrianG

Apologies about the short reply earlier, was in a bit of a rush...

Yes you can access your POP mail using the GD87 with Vodafone. If you are a pay monthly customer you can access it via CSD (dial up) or GPRS using the ISP.VODAFONE.IE access point.. If you are a prepaid customer, you will only be able to access it via CSD (dial up)..

I dont have the actual steps required to to configure the handset here with me. It varies depending what you require so when I know, I will tell ya how,.

Cheers for the replies, I'm a bill pay, i'd like to get it working via gprs, any chance you have the steps I need to follow?

Thanks a mill!

• Advertisement

Dont have them all with me at the moment, will post them later for ya. Its straight forward enough anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

Hi,
    setting up pop mail on the gd87 is poss,simply enter your username password for your client,the only difference is that you have to specify the incoming mail server to your mail client eg.mail1.eircom.net but your outgoing mail server will remain as the vodafone client as you would be using the gprs,hscsd or wap so connecting to the vodafone server,
    Hope this helps
    Rgds ;)

Yeah, basically what you do is configure the connection. So you would set the APN to ISP.VODAFONE.IE and the USERNAME and PASSWORD to "vodafone".

You may need these:
    IP address is blank (....)
    DNS is 213.233.128.19

The next step is configure the handset for your mail server. For example, if you were using the Vodafone email account you would set if as follows:

OUT: mail.vodafone.ie - or - smtp.vodafone.ie
    IN: pop.vodafone.ie

username: xxxxxx@vodafone.ie
    password: myVodafone website password.

That should be everything.

Excellent... got it working! Thanks all... if you have a gd87 the setting for the APN (which I was missing) are in bearer type -> edit...

Thank a million greg_f , jesus_thats_gre and DubWireless,

lph

Advertisement