Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How has the money been spent?

Options
  • 18-09-2003 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

With regard to government funding that was put into infrastructure projects over the past few years, I would like to gauge how effective the initiatives have been. In particular, local access projects.
    Can anyone be of any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I'd have to do a bit of research to get accurate information but I'd imagine the main communication contenders would have to be phase one of the MAN project, the CAIT (Communnities accessing information technologies) project and whatever guise the wireless grants have been handed out in...oh and the Global Crossing set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Didn't they also subsidise Esat for DSL roll out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Yeah, they sure did. Quite a lot in fact I believe. It would be worth digging that out also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Oh, I thought of another. Wasn't Esats backbone thing payed for by the Govt. The Esat/Oceanfree joint fibrering project I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

- Western Digital Corider
    - Wireless hotspots; e120M a few months back - majority of money went to eircom, O2 and Esat BT
    - BMW funding - Digiweb and Leap given money for FWA base stations in latest round of funding
    - Current call for proposals for 15 wireless hubs in CLAR areas

Perhaps you should speak with John Rice in DCMNR; he may be able to help further.

• Advertisement
Advertisement