Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Bank Loan?

Options
  • 18-09-2003 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all - I've a credit card I'm tryin to clear off so I'm just gonna take a loan out and be done with it. Question is which bank is currently offering the best deal as regards bank loans?

Dizz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

One direct is the cheapest. Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Thanks! :)

Dizz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

But as always, there is a catch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Possible 21% is a big catch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

lots of catches actually, it does not allow early (or larger) repayments because it is a never never type product.

Ring aib or boi and get a variable rate car loan , car loans are cheaper than personal loans and can be repaid early if u have de €€€€ to spare with no penalties.

M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If u own a house get a plumbing quotation - or the like - and get a mortgage top up

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by Muck
    lots of catches actually, it does not allow early (or larger) repayments because it is a never never type product.

Ring aib or boi and get a variable rate car loan , car loans are cheaper than personal loans and can be repaid early if u have de €€€€ to spare with no penalties.

M

afaik, banks normally require proof that you are buying a car.
    The cheque is made out to whoever you are buying the car from and not to you personally. At least, that's the way I thought it worked.
    Otherwise everyone would get a car loan instead of a personal loan!

Originally posted by Kananga
    Otherwise everyone would get a car loan instead of a personal loan!

They don't always check. One reason is that you often pay for insurance from the same loan.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Just a general comment & not specifically directed at any of the posters on this thread.

In general, it is not a great idea to lie to your bank. Banks are in the business of loaning money. They don't make profits unless they are giving out loans. They WANT to give out loans.

If a bank refuses you a loan, they generally have a good reason. If you manage to wangle a loan out of them by lying, you may well find yourself in difficulties down the road. You would presumably be very concerned if you found out that your bank had lied to you about something - they deserve the same respect too.

None of us likes being refused entrance to club when 'under the influence'. But when we have sobered up the next morning, we often realise that maybe those nice gentlemen in the bomber jackets had a fair point.

Rainyday sez u should burn that Credit Card until you pay back the carloan Irishdizz :) .

The loan is intended to get you out of trouble and not to get you into some more!

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

I've a car loan now? :p Arrghhh them banks and charges!

Dizz

Advertisement