Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value in take away beer

• 18-09-2003 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Heres one for starters

Best value in take away beer

Bavaria 4.3% at 1 Euro uno euro in Obriens in Malahide

Bavaria 5% at Euro 1.27 one old punt in the same place

Where is better value ...Tell me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

im not often in dublin but when we go up we always get takeaway from spar, yes thats right, spar. they have some real good deals on drinks from heineken to dutchgold.

best deal i ever got was from tesco, 24 bottles for 9.99. granted it was Bierre D'Or but that is actually quite nice beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Billy Turdhed

The important thing is

Alc content ... volume

Bav. 4.3 acl 500 ml ..uno euro
    5.0 alc 500 ml E 1.27

Beat that ...pleeeeeease

WPT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Originally posted by Billy Turdhed
    The important thing is

Alc content ... volume

Bav. 4.3 acl 500 ml ..uno euro
    5.0 alc 500 ml E 1.27

Beat that ...pleeeeeease

WPT

:(:confused: :rolleyes: :mad:

Right the first thing alcohol percentages are not the main thing. I would much prefer to drink nice tasting 3% beer over some foul muck that was 6%.

You can get 24 33CL bottles of Stella for some where between 25-30 euro. Thats 5%+ and darn tasty.

Buctfast is always an option if you fancy something a bit more fruity ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Off license in Newry: 24 330ml bottles of Carlsberg Export (5% but not the 'special brew' muck, 'tis quality stuff) STG£15.

Very very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

My favoured off licence (Vineyard, Galway buffs) has in stock a Belgian beer which is surprisingly tastey.

3 quid a bottle.

10% volume.

Oh.
    God.
    YES.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Billy Turdhed

Personally I think 5% alc is about right ....you have the LCL super at 8% and Amsterdam Navigator at around the same ,but baby
    the head next day!
    :confused:

Still say,milliltre for millilitre is the best value

WPT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hangovers are avoidable if you drink GOOD beer.

A recent party saw me and my friends drink a large fridge full of imported German beer of at least 5%. We proceeded to get extremely drunk.

I got 4 hours of sleep and woke up with buckets of energy and no hangover.

More commercial beers like Budweiser or Heiniken are loaded with horrible chemicals, and they make you feel a hell of a lot worse in the mornings. That's aside from tasting like fizzy urine.

Talking about value for beer in Ireland is a funny one...

If you can find Franziskaner or Erdinger for 2.10 a bottle you're doing well, but you can still get the same thing a euro cheaper in the rest of Europe... :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Go to Aldi and get a box of Brasserie. 24x250ml bottles and a tasty beer. The added bonus is that it fits into your backpack and you just reach over you shoulder to rip out another "hand grenade" bottle.

Last time I bought some it cost 11 or 12 quid. ABV-wise it was something like 4.5%.

Lidl do something very similar called Fink Brau.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Theres an off licence in Cabra(Maple Centre), think its O'briens, were doin Rollin Rock bottles for 1 euro, from Pennsylvania.

I think people should stop drinkin these common, sparklin water beers(Heinekin Bud and Miller), they're full o chemicals and not half as good as some German beers, sure the Yanks CANT drink and dont KNOW their drink like the AXIS(Germans).

have to agree wit Sarky, Erdinger blows away the brain cells and lightens my little head, yummmmmm. :p

Advertisement