Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Shirts, Founders, Borg, Q, etc????

Options
  • 03-06-1999 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

What does the Red Shirts, Founders, Borg, Q, etc, mean?

Im sure this is a common question asked by most users on this board, especially new ones,

I would just like to know what they all mean, smile.gif

If you know, post it here for the good of the public.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

Borg are people who have posted more than 30 messages (I think) Founders are people that moderate boards, Red-Shirts are un registered users, or people that have posted less than 30 posts, and Cloud is Q.
    Am I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 neo

Karla I know for a fact your wrong, ive seen more then one Q, and just not on cloud, and ive seen lots of people labled as founders, and they dont moderate any thing.

So, guess the question still stands, what do they all mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Your right Karla. smile.gif Q is omipresent, so he/she can be everywhere at once. cheeky.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

hehe You just LOVED saying that didn't you Hobbes smile.gif

Founders do moderate stuff, they moderate the other boards, like the Half-Life one, or the Linux one or whatever.

I am right, you are wrong.
    YESSSS!!!!! smile.gif

• Advertisement

you are right on maybe half, but im a red shirt and I am a registered user. and I didnt' name all the classes did I? Im just curious to know, anyone else care to comment?

Only registered users can post. Under 30 posts makes you a red shirt. Founders are moderators and Q are the Board OP's. Fancy going on an away mission? cheeky.gif

yea hobbes, I decided to make a topic that everyone would find some use for, instead of you just yelling at me smile.gif you like this better then my other posts? cheeky.gif

Neo, just fuk off. Only Damo is allowed p1ss me off here.

lol, why do you hate me so much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hobbes has made another best friend smile.gif

you go gurl......
    now, i gotta go chop a tree. hmmmm, now what sort of implament would i need? maybe an axe?

hehehehe
    hey neo, chill out and go with the flo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

righty, as far as I know..

Redshirt = < 50(?) posts, registered

Borg = > 50 posts

Founder = board moderator, single area eg: me for books etc.

Q = Board admin, can edit across areas, eg: cloud can edit posts in quake, books, ign etc.. is there and limit to a Qs's power?

pecking order:

Borg kick the crap out of the redshirts called 'u' "u 'n' u, come with me...".

Borg can't assimilate Founders. Taaaaake it Borgies! Muhahahahaha!

Q are gods. We run. well, redshrts die, borg shuffle along to their nearest socket where they can plug in. Hah! a whole cube full of over complex sex toys! And founders? well, founders turn into a puddle and slither away.

I watch waaaaaay too much star trek... sad.gif

Advertisement