Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton Antivirus: Expired or not?

• 18-09-2003 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Computer illiterate newbie here. Any assistance with this would be gratefully received...OK, my Norton Antivirus 2 expired a couple of months back. I began to receive multiple pop-ups from Norton so after a couple of weeks I followed the link and re-subscribed...cost Euro 45, and got my order confirmation back by E-mail. Trouble is, the pop-ups are still coming, still telling me my subscription is expired. Symantec, who own Norton, don't have a customer service section, only an automated Qand A thing which is totally useless. So...how do I find out if my subscription is really renewed, and if it is, how do I get rid of those bloody pop-ups?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

norton antivirus 2? 2000/2003 maybe? what method do you use to update your subscription enter key/code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Did the confirmation email you received include any link to download a file?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gaffergamgee

The pop-up had two links, "renew now" or "renew later." When I renewed by pressing "Renew Now" I had to go through a couple of pages of information, fill in my name, e-mail addy etc., and visa number. Then I had to wait for the order confirmation to appear on screen. When I got that, I had to return to the Live Update screen to complete the download. All of this I completed (apparently) successfully. Also, on the toolbar on the bottom of my screen (Windows XP) there are two Norton icons, one saying "Norton Anti-VirusAuto Protect Enabled" and the other saying "Norton Internet Security Enabled." To me this looks like the download was successful and the anti-virus has been renewed...but still those pop-ups keep arriving, day after day, five or six times a day...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i just buy the latest norton each year, so as one expires, i just install the new one.

Can u run liveupdate on that version u have ? What version exactly is it ?

it's been called 2000/2001/2002/2003 the last few years, just calling it after which year it is, there may be a program update as well for whatever version u're using

Advertisement