Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGD versus Budweiser

• 18-09-2003 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Having just returned from a summer long in Boston of drinking Miller (MGD) I am now back to drinking Bud.

I can't help noticing that there is a distinctly different taste between the Bud here in Ireland and the Bud in the US, maybe its just me, but has anyone else noticed?

Anyway, while on the topic, which do people prefer (I'm talking bottles here) MGD or Bud?

Poll set up!!!!

MGD versus Budweiser 9 votes

MGD is my poison
    0% 0 votes
    Bud - King of Beers
    100% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They're both piss. Drink Budvar if you have to drink something with "Bud" in the name. It's seriously good Czech beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ehh...why not stay drinking MGD from the bottle here?

anyway..went "Bud" on the poll. Dont drink largers normally...save maybe from a can.

US prolly have slightly different brewing technique for Bud then Diageo

They're both piss. Drink Budvar if you have to drink something with "Bud" in the name. It's seriously good Czech beer.

Sorry, I appear to be repeating myself there for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Am a MGD fan myself, although will drink bud if there is no miller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm going to repeat zaph as well, drink Budvar [me wonders how the americans stole it and got it all so terribly wrong?]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Erdinger
    that is all

Originally posted by lafortezza
    Erdinger
    that is all
    Yipee, special brew from the oktoberfest should be available in off-lincences soon! that special time of the year when Erdinger has 0.2% extra alcohol:D

Any weiss beer is cool but doesn't real enter the whole MGD v Bud thing as they're not really similar....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Both of them are complete piss as stated above but if I didn't have any choice I'd go with MGD.

You should have tried some of the other American beers which are much nicer than the aformention crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

both rotten. Budweiser has to have the most chemicals in it, always gives a terrible hangover.
    Forbidden Fruit (Vruct Verboden or something like that) - the tastiest beer I've ever had.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kananga
    both rotten. Budweiser has to have the most chemicals in it, always gives a terrible hangover.
    AFAIK it actually does, certainly the most on the irish market anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Quick one on the bud bit

Why is Budweiser like sex in a canoe ??

Fu*kin close to water :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Appears to be kinda 50:50 at the moment.

I will actually agree that both are both ****e beers, but seeing that I don't like Stout or Ale, I'm not left with much of a choice only larger.

And being in Ireland the choice with largers isn't great either. Its Bud, Carlberg (water) or Heineken (makes ya fart like crazy, must be full of gas).

I loved the Mexican beer Carona while I was in the US, but where am I to get that in Ireland only in an Off Licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BenII

Des Erdinger Weissbier des is hoid a Pracht hollara-di-riad-dei-diriad-dei des schmeckt uns beim Tag und bei der Nacht.

.......sry got a little carried away there. but you do have to admit that is one very good song.........
    Erdinger Weissbier Ad

nearly forgot it's also a damn nice beer especially with a weisswurst on the side.

Originally posted by BenII
    it's also a damn nice beer especially with a weisswurst on the side.
    Agreed it's damn nice but what the hell is a weisswurst? I've heard of brattwurst, currywurst and many others aber leider nicht weiss....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BenII

yeah it's a german specialty. Its like a bratwurst except it's white instead of brown as it's made from different meats. it's also more often cooked that fried but tastes very good. especially with a beer

Advertisement