Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superstars in years to come.

• 18-09-2003 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

when we think of superstars in football we usually think of the likes of Zidane,Figo,Ronaldo,Beckham,Van nistelrooy, Vieri,Del piero, Keane,Davids,RobertoCarlos, Nesta and maldini. Many of these stars will soon be approaching the twilights of their career. Who do you think will bethe ones to take their place.

Roy Makaay(Bayern Munchen)-celtic fans wont want to admitt
    Christian Chivu(Roma)
    Cristiano Ronaldo(Man utd)
    Andy Van der Meyde(Internazionale)
    Adrian Mutu(Chelsea)
    Wayne Rooney(Everton)
    Antonio Cassano(Roma)
    Damien Duff(Chelsea)
    Abbraki Yakubu(Ajax)
    Iker Casiallas (Real Madrid)
    Xabi Alonso(Real Sociedad)

Can anyone else add to the list

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Cant beleive you forgot these two..

John O'shea (Manchester United)
    Robbie Keane (Tottenham Hotspur)

Not sure about Steven Reid(Blackburn) , I wouldnt rate him as world class,but then again,I wouldnt rate Damien Duff as world class before the world cup..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

What about the 18 (or 19) year old, Martins off Inter. Class player. From the list I'd say Cristiano Ronaldo, Makaay and of course Damo Duff! But the one I'd most like to see as the best in years to come would be Robbie Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Rafael van der Vaart
    Ronaldinho
    Ricardo Queresma
    Saviola
    Roque Santa Cruz
    Javier Portillo
    Anthony Le Tallec

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Rafael van der Vaart
    Ronaldinho
    Ricardo Queresma
    Saviola
    Roque Santa Cruz
    Javier Portillo
    Anthony Le Tallec

Although they all will probably be great players it reminds me so much of championship manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

My god how could you forget aimair the guy is young and already a legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Stephen Gerrard?
    Mido (another CM favourite:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Although they all will probably be great players it reminds me so much of championship manager
    The great thing about CM is it tells you the future unlike real life ! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Freddy Adu

Overrated

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo
    Overrated
    nah

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think Liam Miller looks like a definate prospect for the future.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Roy Makaay is already a football superstar, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Roy Makaay is 28 years old. Hardly one or the future. He played in Spain for 6 years.

Even RVN is younger than him.

From your list I can see only Duff and Ronaldo becoming "world stars". But so many players are late developers that it is almost impossible to say who will go on to become one of the worlds best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

willo flood:D

Hello Nurse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Duff certainly.

The future demons for Brazil will almost certainly be Robinho, Diego and Kaka. Already getting caps I think.

Argentina - Caveneghi, D'Alessandro

Mido is supposed to be something special but was so annoying Ajax ****ed him out to Marseille.

Phillippe Mexes, Kapo and Djibril Cisse for France.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Quaresma look awful good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Cristiano Ronaldo

Rooney

Robbie Keane

Mutu

Andy reid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Anthony Le tallac along with most of those mentioned.

He was player of the tournament at the last youth championship, in which C Ronaldo competed and is playing excellently in the reserves for the Pool.

Hopefully he will get a run in the first team or Uefa, I would hate to see him languishing on the bench for ages ala Milan Baros, stick him in now while MB is injured and see what he can do, it surely cannot do any harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Hopefully he will get a run in the first team or Uefa, I would hate to see him languishing on the bench for ages ala Milan Baros, stick him in now while MB is injured and see what he can do, it surely cannot do any harm.
    It's Sinama Pongolle who would be the more likely to benifit from MB being out - we are already playing with 3 attack minded midfielders though so there should be room for La Tellec to get rotated in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

While Pongolle was top scorer in the same championship, he has not really been doing it in the reserves, Le Tallac was played as an attacking option behind the front two before he came to the pool and really did seem like he knew what he was at, I think Heskey would benefit from Le Tallecs intelligent play and that MO would too.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Pongolle in there, I just don't think it is v likely at the moment.

Anyway back on topic, How old is that Russian guy Bulyeakin ??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ronaldo
    Rooney
    Reid
    Queresma
    Pennant
    O'Shea
    McMaster
    Kallstrom
    Saviola
    Tote
    Portillio
    Arteta
    Xavi
    Chivu
    Escude

this sounds like my team in CM4!! bit feaky, pity there was not a program similar to this for Stocks!!

Advertisement