Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Me A Cube Game Purchase...

• 18-09-2003 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭

OK, haven't bought anything in awhile due to recent cashflow problems and I'm going to purchse something this weekend (maybe). Haven't really been keping an eye on the scene for the last couple of months though...

So to make things a little easier I already have the following titles:

Luigi's Mansion
    Mario Sunshine
    Zelda: the wind waker
    Metroid Prime
    Rougue Squadron 2
    Tony Hawks 4
    Virtua Striker 3
    Fifa 2003
    Resi 0 & 1
    Eternal Darkness
    Die Hard Vendetta
    Super Monkey Ball 1
    Medal Of Honor
    EXtreme G 3
    Timesplitters 2

Should I wait until next week to get Soul Calibur 2 (it's out next week isn't it?)

What about P.N.03 and loads of other titles I can't think off? Also thinkin about Splinter Cell but will most likely buy it for the PC instead.

What have you bought recently (or you're thinkin of buying) that you think is well worth a purchase?

Cheers Folks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Which of those games that you have are good out of curiosity?

I liked Baldur's Gate but that may have been for the Playstation II. It's like Dungeons and Dragons but you see the characters move! Not sure of the exact title but the end bugged me unfortunately.

Actually, apologies that was the Xbox, not the cube I played it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I can't say enough good stuff about SSX Tricky. Well worth getting, even with 1080 Avalanche coming out in a few months (as far as I'm aware, at least). You should be able to pick it up pretty cheap, too.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is out for the Cube, too. I haven't played it, but apparently it's the worst version of it with horrible framerate issues. Bear in mind it's more like Diablo than the original Baldur's Gate and real D&D, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

SSX Tricky is cool!

Soul Calibur is gonna be the cheese :D and so is Splinter Cell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

dont wait for theeuropean release get f-zero gx now, its the schiznitz. pn03 is also quite good and very difficult. and then last but by no means least animal crossing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Highly recommend Metroid, Resident Evil, and Resi 0. Mario sunshine, and Wind Waker. Gotta buy em' all!!

And is PN 03 good? Considering getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Pikmin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

mmm, really considering P.N.03 but would also like to get SC2 next week - the missus wouldn't be too impressed:)

Might pick up P.N.03 this evening, said missus is going out tonight and I'd have the whole night to meself:cool:

Thanks for the feedback!

Oh and Gordon, none of the games I have are bad really:

Luigi's Mansion - Great fun and very humourous if a little short, does have replay value though I think

Mario Sunshine - Great fun again, fantastic water effects and gameplay. Not for everyone though I spose (the whole Mario is for kids rubbish)

Zelda: the wind waker - Amazing game, not as good as OOT but certainly up there

Metroid Prime - Another amazing game, some people find the controls awkward but I got used to them after about ten minutes

Rougue Squadron 2 - great game, might not be for non star wars fans though

Tony Hawks 4 - great fun, hard though

Virtua Striker 3 - mindless football game, no real in depth gameplay but great craic for multiplayer

Fifa 2003 - great multi and single player game, brilliant fun with four players

Resi 0 & 1 - great remake and a pretty good new game

Eternal Darkness - Excellent game, quality stuff. Fantastic gameplay, graphics and atmosphere, if a little to easy

Die Hard Vendetta - mindless shooter, nothing fancy

Super Monkey Ball 1 - brilliant fun, great in multiplayer

Medal Of Honor - Good game, controls very awkward though but worth picking up cheap for the different mission from the PC version. Thought putting Normandy as the first mission was stupid though, too hard too quick and doesn't let you settle in

Extreme G 3 - Looks great, super fast

Timesplitters 2 - Great game even if it plays 70% Goldeneye & 30% Perfect Dark. Excellent multiplayer

Haven't managed to finish any of the above due to losing me memory card when I moved recently, had about half of them 70/80% complete - trying to get back there now:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea, you should pick up SSX Tricky for a song these days..

Its a great game, in one or two player :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Defo

metroid prime
    Resi evil 0
    Rogue Squadron 2

My top 3 anyways

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    yea, you should pick up SSX Tricky for a song these days..

Its a great game, in one or two player :)

That is interesting. I've been thinking about getting a PS2 just to play this wonderful game, but if it's out for the GC then maybe I might go Nintendo for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Super Monkey Ball 2. The mini-games are even better and it's only £14.99 in play.com's sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Len_007

Iquragua (Might not be the right spelling) Is the defnition of addiction. Get it, you WON'T be dissapointed
    Any one here beaten level 5?
    Splinter Cell is allright

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's Ikaruga :)

Haven't been playing it much but the furthest I've gotten so far is level 4 boss. Can get to level 4 with only 2 credits but lose the rest trying to get through the second part of the level with the circular thingy that fires out streams of bullets. I'm thinking about doing an Ikaruga thread for comparing each others scores :ninja:

Mmm, is it really that good? Forgot about that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Super Smash Bros. Melee is excellent, brilliant moves, brilliant characters, brilliant venues. An absolute must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

NBA 2K3 is brilliant.

Even if you don't like basketball.

Best sports sim I've ever played.

Well after all that I went out to Blanch after work and spent 1.5 hours trying to make me mind up - in the end I came away with the PC edition of (Edge) Equip and that was it! I just couldn't make me mind up between P.N.03, Ikaruga, SSX Tricky (for 20 quid), Hitman 2 (for 40 quid), Pikmin (20 quid) and a sh*t load of other games :(

So I decided to wait until next week for Soul Calibur 2:) !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Get SSBM. Get it now.
    Get 3 mates, some alcohol and play it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Get Hitman 2 its the doggs bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sod

[on Ikaruga]...
    Originally posted by Shred
    Mmm, is it really that good?

it makes your eyes water and brain melt, so to answer your question, yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'm playing F-zero GX atm and it's damn cool. Bloody difficult though.

Man, I need to do a bank over to buy all the games I want to buy:(

Any takers, I'll split the profits with yis evenly:p

Anyway, SC2 this Friday!!

Advertisement