Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genie in a Bottle cover doing the rounds on the radio. Anyone know who it's by?

Options
  • 18-09-2003 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

The girlfriend was listening to the radio there tonight and she was telling me about some cover of Genie in the Bottle. Apparently it's a vaguely rock-like cover with some girl singing it. It's a bit faster than the original as well. I know that description's a bit poor but if anyone knows who did this cover I'd be eternally in your debt as I really wanna get it for the girlie. Thanks a lot lads.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They were on Top Of The Pops a few weeks ago. I don't know their name but I do know that the lead singer/guitar woman thing had her Les Paul set up so the E and A strings were setup for harmonics ala a 12 string.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

speedway if i'm not mistaken is the name your looking for.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Indeed they're called Speedway. The Freelance Hellraiser version that uses the Strokes as the backing music is better and predates Speedway by 18 months or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

That version is a bunch of arse. As robbo points out the Strokes bootleg is miles better, but even that is pretty weak...

Aguilera is just wrong, whatever way you look at it

Advertisement